Information

Canterbury- South Island

Folks within Christchurch driving distance that can share/exchange a bottle

Members: 87
Latest Activity: Dec 15, 2015

Discussion Forum

Comment Wall

Comment by Nick T on November 18, 2009 at 4:42pm
In case you missed the 'event' announcement, Richard Emerson is presenting at Pomeroys on the 7th, and as usual tickets are going fast.....
Comment by Martin Bridges on January 15, 2010 at 2:45pm
I'm going to be in ChCh this weekend with the missus. Quiet relaxing weekend though, not supposed to be a booze-up! That being said I will probably be in the Twisted Hop and/or Pomeroys for as much of the weekend as I can get away with!
Comment by Nick T on February 24, 2010 at 10:40am
Heading to Nelson this afternoon, there is an outside chance I might get to NZHops on Friday, (many things dependant). If I do get there, anyone in Chch want me to pick up kilos of hops for them??
Comment by Jason Riley on March 22, 2010 at 6:51pm
Just new to the all grain brewing methods and wondering where the most cost effective place to get grain from?
Comment by nzbrewer on April 14, 2010 at 6:12pm
Pomeroy's has Epic Mayhem on tap at the moment
Comment by Jeremy on May 3, 2010 at 2:43pm
G'day, Looking for a 30lt+ pot to use as a kettle, Southern Hospo has aluminum 34lt for 170$, anyone know a better price elsewhere?
Comment by James P on May 3, 2010 at 3:48pm
Jeremy - Trademe for 68L pot @ $118 + delivery. Otherwise try hophicks or another asian food warehousr.
Comment by Jeremy on May 3, 2010 at 5:29pm
Cheers for the ideas, LHBS (your shout linwood) says he can get 38lt stainless for 90$. so i'll check asian food warehouse but his deal sounds pretty good. 68lt is too big for my burner anyway.
Comment by Nicholas Jones on May 3, 2010 at 6:35pm
I just picked up one of these off TM for $70 http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Kitchen/Pots-pans-bakeware/Oth... , it holds 36 L to the top, hit 100deg pretty quick, and is very finely adjustable, min temp is 55deg (measured with digital thermometer), has tap and the makings of a false bottom already... Will let you know how it goes once I get the first lot of ingredients from Liberty :-)
Comment by JoKing on May 3, 2010 at 6:40pm
Hey Nick - are you planning to use this as your mash tun?

Comment

You need to be a member of Canterbury- South Island to add comments!

Members (87)

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service