Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi All
(Hopefully I didn't miss a thread here, I searched first!)
Just wanted to see if anyone has rhizomes available this year? I hear there is a shortage, however if there are any suppliers anyone knows of I would be keen to given them a go!

Maybe we can get a list of suppliers going? I see in the old forum that Stephen @ Hallertau may have been one of them, any ideas?

Cheers

Views: 17324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

150ish grams of hops or 500 grams for ten bucks? Hmmm.

Each to their own.
Alas the prices for hops have increased, so $10 will not get you that much nowadays... I remember when Riwaka was only $4.80 a 100 gms, now looking at closer to $6 or 7 given the last price list from NZHops. If the harvest is shit, I don't expect to see my preorder of 2 kilos.
Riwaka

I don't understand what's gotten into everyone with Riwaka - maybe it's just the scarcity ?
It's like asking a P user why they got into that.... it can get addictive to the wrong people.

In saying that I like the flavour you get from it. Cascade & NS combo is also another favourite... then again it could be my limited palate! :)
Each to their own eh, I much prefer the pungancy of US hops, and when I use NZ hops I tend to prefer motueka and sauvin over riwaka..
In Reply to Mr C....Can't put a price on the enjoyment of relaxing while watering and inspecting the amazing daily growth.
I am still working out how to dry mine, hopefully I can harvast on a nice hot day with a breeze, spread them out on a drying rack in or out of the sun? ( need to find out if uv does any damage) . As a way of knowing when they are dry, I will weigh them and try and get them down to 7-8% of there original weight- read this somewhere, so they can be safely stored.

Shambles, you've got millions of them!!

I read somewhere that 50'C in the oven with an open door dries them out. Another theory was using a dehumidifier...
Jesus!! Give up your day job!!
that's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! what variety are they? I wouldn't put them out in the sun, UV is not good for any flavours after the plant has been harvested. As Matthew says, fan bake them in the oven at very low heat would be my suggestion. not that I have ever tried it myself...
Just do a couple of wet hop beers with the whole lot!
Man thats awesome what a crop!! Where do you live Jamis?
Obviously the climate there must suit hop growing and I cant see any wind burnt leaves either!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service