Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

brewed a munich/amarillo smash a few weeks ago, bottled last friday and couldn't keep my hands to myself so tried one last night-i think its the hoppiest beer i've ever had by far at least on the flavour front.until this i considered dux hereford bitter and the pilsner at the arrow brewpub reasonably hoppy.
i might send one to jokings comp,not that i expect to win but more for experienced feedback if thats ok?
additions were 30@60 20@15 20@5 and 35@0 in 40 litresish-would you consider that hoppy?
cheers
martin
To me martin I would consider that pretty subtle, depending on the grist I guess, if those additions were for 20litres then it would be more on the hoppy side, but id want it dry hopped as well personally ;o)

Was it weyermann or Global munich you used?? I did a Global Munich/Amarillo smash once that was awesome, did 25gms at fwh, 20, 5, and 50gms dry hopped, for 20 litres and I still reckon it could have used more hops!!
weyerman munich,8kg
So, I realise this is blasphemy, but think about where I am coming from...

Tonight I had a pint of Speights. This was mostly because I was out with some mates, and remembered my stocks are real low since I cannot carry stuff to brew with a broken ankle/leg on crutches.

Now that I am home, I am drinking my "momo APA."

Drinking this after having a Speights helped me remember why I like homebrew so much! Instead of bland and watery tastes, I really get to taste the perle and cascade hops in my brew. I will be damned if I am going to get another mass produced on tap beer, even when my stocks run out tomorrow.

It is better to go without beer, than to not drink a craft or homebrew beer. :)
That's not blasphemy. THIS is blasphemy. Or a knife, I'm not sure. I had a pint of Speights Porter recently... and loved it. That's fairly normal. It's always been a decent drop. I also had a pint of Speights Summit. Now, when this came out, I ragged on it hard. It was sweet, and tasted more like it was full of artificial preservatives than the usual stuff. Either it's changed, or they were still working on the recipe when it was released. OK, it's still sweet, but now it has a big, malty, weetbix thing going on. I quite enjoyed it. Sure it's not a craft beer, but I wouldn't kick it out of bed. Am I insane?
Return of the Weetbix

ps. yes you are insane
Dude I had Summit last weekend at a wedding and I quite enjoyed it, it had a little malt character and I really digged on the hop character!! I didnt stumble onto the beer till about 2 beers prior to leaving!! Dont get me wrong I have had better but I have also had worse craftbeer as well!!
Greig, I think your account on here should be deleted after that comment :oP lol
I heard Speights had their new evangelist position filled recently..... coincidence?

Speights Pilseners okay too....
When refering to a glass of Speights, just beware that they dont serve pints. Check the volume of their 'pint' glasses, they are ripping people off!
In all fairness, it was at the RSA. They still use proper pint glasses in Tawa. :)
Nah, it's not a ripoff. We don't really do "real" pints in general in NZ. The phrase "a pint" is just part of the vernacular, but we know we're not getting one, and there's no intent to deceive. I think their glasses are about 440ml from memory.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service