Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Just wanted to say hope you guys have a good xmas :o)

Im off from work soon, wont have net access again till the 12th of Jan, its gonna be awesome, no work, sun, kegs of beer :o) Cant go wrong!

Ill catch up with some of you on the 27th for a tasting session :o)

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Merry Christmas everybody! I cracked a Yeastie Boys Golden Boy while slaving away in the kitchen this afternoon, and I'll be popping the top off a Smoking Bishop pretty soon.

See some of you on Saturday, and best wishes to all for 2009.

Martin
Ok, so what beer related stuff did everyone get for xmas?

Managed to pick up -

Radical Brewing
New Brewing Lager Beer
Homebrewer's Garden
Guide to Beer
A 1L stein my grandfather got at a Hofbrau Oktoberfest
Lucky man! I got a book called "Guide to Beer" Mainstream international beers catalogued and described. It's the thought that counts!
Yeah I got that one too. A little bland but the pictures are nice.

Ooooh oooh, I got one of those stainless bottle opener finger rings. Looks a little tacky on but shit it's mean as for opening bottles.
I got a new brewing notebook and another bottle opener - think that was about it beer-wise. Time to go and place the order for "Brewing Classic Styles" myself, I think!

Oh, and a bit of tolerance for me spending most of today faffing around getting my keg setup going - I think that's definitely a gift!
I got a refractometer from my lovely wife, and my olds got me a another temp. controller, which is unfortunately lost in transit - thanks a bunch NZ Couriers! Ah well, I've got nothing brewing at the moment - it's just been way too hectic - so it can wait.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: she's a keeper that one Greig.
Managed to get a new digital timer from daughter number 1, number 2 got me a Jim Beam alarm clock for the "mancave", and my beautiful wife bought me a new laptop after the last one got covered in hot wort!

Also have a"voucher" for buying gear from MoreBeer when the dollar is right.

Other than that had a great xmas day after a disasterous couple of days before hand. Needless to say we had to borrow a car from my parents to get back from the coast today, and my brother and I will be doing a rescue mission back to the coast to pick up my wife's car.... after I get a new radiator and thermostat....
...and head gasket...
We spoilt ourselves and bought gift packs of the 3 Boys Wild Plum with matching glasses...one is chipped which is a bit of a bugger but the packs look awesome - recycled cardboard and nice graphics (as you'd expect) and the beer is wax sealed with a 3 Boys seal. I want to drink it and I want to keep it as well...The dilemma.

We got ourselves a slab of Epic as well...drinking one now and only 13 to go. If there still on special we night have to get them for new years as well. Am amazed we had any left at all but yesterday was aboutr bubble except after the cricket match.

Also got some cherry ripe from OZ which went nicely with the Emerson's JP on xmas eve.

Got to love the holidays...Anyone got interesting plans for new years...We haven't decided yet but are probably up for a beery new years in Welly.
Wait, what? 3 Boys do a plum beer?
WANT!
Yeh, it's good. Quite different from you might expect. I had some when I visited the brewery in October - no tissue paper and wax seal back then but it was in a nice little 330ml version of their standard 500ml bottle.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service