Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi there.
I am passionate about beer and have just started to brew my own beer, I have just finished my first 2 exract brews, and have caught the bug.
I am realy wanting to get into All grain. I have read all the internet info I can find, all of it quite technical but not daughting but would love to here from fellow brewers on the best and most effective way to start my own all grain home brew setup from purchasing grains to drinking all info would be appriciated.

Views: 1296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shit, that's awesome.

Not even worth converting kegs for that price.
Yeah, I just had my eye on one, the auction closed; and as expect, he/she has offered it for $83, so hold out if you can :D. I'm still deciding if AG is the way to go, and if I can afford the equipment costs..
Hey not sure if it makes a diffrence but there seller also has alloy 50l that are even cheaper? Im sure alloy will be fine?
Glen, you legend.

what a great idea, thanks for the tip. Brewing a traditional pilsener today, I will try it out.
Things is, if you do BIAB, not only do you have to not worry about stuck sparges, or sparging at all for that matter, but you will only need the 50 litre pot, no mash or lauter tun... The bag costs about $10 worth of material.

It is seriously so simple its not funny, I wouldnt push it so hard if I didnt really believe in it.. I managed to get a brew done last night after work, and that was only my second batch... With a 3 month old baby in the house, I think thats a pretty good effort...

At the moment, ive only got a 30 litre pot and I can fit 28 litres plus about 4.2kg of grain in the pot, thats the max, so im quite restricted at the mo to batch sizes, but I cant afford a bigger pot at the mo and wanted to switch to AG, id rather have 20 litre 5% AG batches than 25 litre 7% extract brews...
Awesome, you know if you had kegs, 20l would be perfect!
Also I feel I should add, I would not have been able to get into AG if it wasnt for this method due to not being able to afford the set up, I would still be stuck with extract...
Yeah I know, im actually quite happy to keep going on 20 litres, it gives me more chance to do more batches :o)

And yes, kegging system is now what im saving for, now that I dont have to worry about expensive AG set ups :oP
Okay, so I was sceptical about the aluminium pots, but after reading around, they're perfect as long as it's not used to boil acidic things like tomatoes or sulphuric acid, and you shouldn't scrub it. Okay, so what do people use for burners? BTW, Reviled I'm liking that BIAB method :)
Good man :o) Are you in auckland mate?

I use a 2 ring burner, but my pots small and it still takes 45-55 mins to bring it to the boil, so if youre buying one id suggest a 3 ring burner...
Nah, Christchurch. Theres some 3-ring burners on trademe, but I really don't know how much I should be paying for one, though the BBQ factory has two-ring burners for $20.
Looks like an BIAB day in CHCH in the making HerrSchnapps as I am keen to give it a go also!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service