Information

Canterbury- South Island

Folks within Christchurch driving distance that can share/exchange a bottle

Members: 87
Latest Activity: Dec 15, 2015

Discussion Forum

Comment Wall

Comment by Tom Innes on June 17, 2009 at 4:30pm
Ah, yes, I meant to come along to the Dux. My bad.
Comment by BeerNZ on July 27, 2009 at 4:37pm
Managed to find 1 last keg of Yeastie Boys PKB - on now at Thirsty Weta if it's not gone already. Hopefully you've found Armageddon, Renaissance MIPA at Halswell NW and FC Parklands - more to follow.
Comment by James P on August 25, 2009 at 3:23pm
Hey All, Joking is in Christchurch and more than likely will be easily spotted at the Twisted Hop on Wednesday (26/8) evening..... more details to follow.... if not, then a couple of beers from about 5:30pm.
Comment by Ged on August 25, 2009 at 6:17pm
wont be able to make Wed night. Currently signed off with flu. Got it last Tue in Oz...Lovely. Still feel like shit but a lot of the gunk has stopped leaking out my head... Joking are you going to Burvarna at the weekend?
Comment by JoKing on August 25, 2009 at 6:57pm
Yeah - I'm there on Friday night only. I'll be the guy sporting huge bags under his eyes. I basically haven't left work since last Monday - I'm still there now... I've got a 6am flight in the morning... and I have 3 Solid Days of meetings from tomorrow.

Maybe I'll be the drunk guy sporting huge bags under his eyes...
Comment by Nick T on August 30, 2009 at 11:30am
Sorry I missed the Twisted Hop, was in Wanaka - weather not great but managed to check out Wanaka Beerworks and the Arrow Brewing Company (nice Scotch Wee Heavy!)
Comment by David Upex on October 16, 2009 at 12:46pm
As a Christchurch newbie I was wondering where the best place was to buy home brew supplies (hops, malt, malt extract yeast etc.) in Christchurch.
Comment by James P on October 16, 2009 at 12:57pm
Hey David, welcome.

Bulk Malt & Good Selection of Specialities: Liberty Brewing, Dunedin Malthouse, Brewer's Coop (all mail order as CHCH has no bulk suppliers) Twisted Hop can sometimes help out, as do Wigram Brewery if they have any!
Brewcraft Range: Your Shout Linwood
Hops: As above, or NZHops, or even Your Shout have an OK selection.
Malt Extract: DMH, Your Shout.
Dried Yeast: Your Shout, DMH, Brewer's Coop
Liquid Yeast: Realbeer.co.nz, DMH
Comment by Nick T on October 16, 2009 at 1:03pm
Hi David, I agree with James, however Your Shout Linwood don't really seem to take a lot of care of their hops (they seem to sit on the shelf going yellow in the sun). Also craftbrewer.com.au have a great hop selection, I got quite a few from there. In the end, the mail order places are great as the stuff normally arrives on your doorstep in a few days even from Oz) - the parking at YS Linwood is a pain in the butt, and the other two Home Brew shops don't really give a rats about beer!
Comment by Tom Innes on October 16, 2009 at 1:17pm
I recently put a hops order in with NZ Hops in Nelson. They were very good. Their web site has heaps of info and price-wise they come in well under what you pay locally. They do NZ as well as imported. SOmetimes they can supply cones as well. You can get up to 7 one hundred gram packets of pellets into a $3:50 postage bag. I emailed the order through and payed on line after phoning. Seemed to work OK.

Grain from Wigram comes milled, which is a bonus.

I tend to buy extract from YourShout (Papanui), along with other bits and pieces. If I am using kits I tend to go for Coopers from the supermarket as they are good kits and pretty cheap.

Hardware is scrounge or TradeMe or borrow or YourShout.

Hope that helps. Welcome to Christchurch!

Comment

You need to be a member of Canterbury- South Island to add comments!

Members (87)

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service