Information

Canterbury- South Island

Folks within Christchurch driving distance that can share/exchange a bottle

Members: 87
Latest Activity: Dec 15, 2015

Discussion Forum

Comment Wall

Comment by Nick T on August 20, 2010 at 10:05am
Christchurch Water - apparently it is not all the same as is reported on the CCC website. If you live in the Opawa/Cashmere area it is different, to the point where some plumbing products are not guaranteed in those areas - copper pipe is subject to accelerated corrosion for example (we have recently found this out the hard way). If anyone is interested, I am currently trying to get hold of a chemical analysis for this area so I don't stuff up an upcoming pilsner....
Comment by Sparky on September 4, 2010 at 11:35pm
Hey all you lot in Canterbury, the Bay Mashers thoughts are with you all and your kin. Take Care & Cheers!
Comment by Tom Innes on September 5, 2010 at 3:53pm
Thanks Sparky. We have adequate "supplies", so all is not lost.
Comment by Nick T on September 23, 2010 at 7:03am
Bugger. Looks like the quake got the keggorator.Warm beer. Time to be British.
Comment by Paul Fraser on October 21, 2010 at 9:05pm
Hi folks, i'm a newbie and was just wondering if i need to add gypsum for an IPA. If so how much should i add and when?? Cheers
Comment by James P on October 22, 2010 at 8:10am
Hey Paul, welcome to realbeer. Can I recommend you put your query in the main "newbies" thread over here: http://www.forum.realbeer.co.nz/forum/topics/newbies-1?id=1500433%3... as you will probably get more replies! (For what it's worth I add calcium carbonate.)
Comment by Matt on November 30, 2010 at 1:44pm
Hi Guys
Im an ex Christchurchian (6 years there at Uni before moving northward). Have brewed some beer for one of my best mates whos getting married on the 8th of Jan. We are trying to work out logistics for where to store the beer in Chch prior to the wedding and was wondering whether any of you fullas own/have access to chillers cold/rooms to store some kegs from the 28th Dec to 7th Jan... Happy to rent a bit of space or could prob organise some samples if that was more to your liking. Will leave at ambient and crash prior to wedding as a last resort but would rather have the added insurance of refigeration, let me know if you have any ideas or can help me out!
Cheers
Matt
Comment by delMonte on January 11, 2011 at 3:02pm
Any place in town have Biman on tap?
Comment by Nick T on January 11, 2011 at 6:02pm
I believe I shouted a mate a pint of their lager at The Twisted Hop last night....
Comment by Paul Fraser on August 14, 2011 at 2:07pm
Well folks, busy day yesterday - did my first all-grain brew. Everything went well but at the end i was rushing it a bit cos my wife went into labour. Got it all down ok by 3pm and went into hospital at 6 then had a gorgeous baby daughter at 9pm. What a day!!!

Comment

You need to be a member of Canterbury- South Island to add comments!

Members (87)

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service