Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haha fair enough Tyler, just giving ya some shit :-P
You know you want to brew one glen ;o) dont be afraid!
Celabratory Epic Armageddon in honour of not only my new job, but also the day that armageddon goes on tap overseas, congrats Luke and cheers :o)

As soon as the glass is poured im reminded of citrus fruits being cut with a knife which happens to be dripping with pine sap, more pine on the palate followed by a sharp maltiness, a hint of citrus, a sharp hoppy bitterness which dissolves into an a sort of bittersweet finish... Armageddon never tasted so good in my eyes ;o) lol
Found a bottle of CAP I made about 4 months ago, it was bottled from the keg with a picnic tap about 2 months ago and its still held up the carbonation fine and is tasting awesome, loving the 30% Maize, the hop has died abit making it more prominent Maize has very quickly become my favourite adjunct!! For summer at least, when winter comes I might go back to rye ;o)

This week:
Founders Fair Maiden, meh, a bit dated I think, huge bready maltyness and very little hop..
Dux de Lux Hereford bitter: I find it amusing that they call name a Munich Lager a bitter but it is not bad for what it is, I am not a lager man per se...
Mussel Inn dark horse: same as the Dux, it is good for what it is but I'm just not a huge lager fan.

Apart from that I have been spending time with my 2 new children trying to get to know them a bit better:
"Rewired" brown ale: developing in condition: getting more hoppy, more chocolatey and a bit drier in mouthfeel.
Hopwired IPA: I have only done one trial brew of this exact recipe and it is still in the fermenter! been too busy to keg it and didn't actually taste it before I made the big batch. I have made similar beers though were I have used 100% Nelson Sauvin but this is in very short supply and not available in cones for the hopback. So I spiced it up with some Motueka. To make a long story short, I think it was a good gamble, it's damn tasty. Still conditioning and carbonating, interesting to see what it will like when it clears a bit more. After careful consideration I decided not to filter it but just let it settle out with isinglass, I hope it wont go too cloudy from the resins of 5g/L dry hops...
Let it go cloudy!!! Hmmmmmm IPA havnt had a beer all week (very rare for me) so any talk of IPA gets me salavating!!
Are you sick? I have been...At least 4 days without beer, it was weird.
Yeah who cares if its a wee bit hazy, probably better than filtering it id say... Man, I cant wait to try it Soren!!
Can't wait for the HopWired! Hopefully we get a run on the Generation Ale at work tonight so I can get the ReWired on! I'm keen to see how it's developed since I had it at malty.
Funny, the Old Bank in Blenheim also had to blow through Generation Ale too before they could put it on... You must work at Hashigo Zake mate?
Soren, did any HopWired make it south?
No, HopWired hasn't made it anywhere yet, it is still conditioning. I've force carbonated a keg and send out some samples but so far 90% of it has been consumed in my back garden, thinking about keeping it all here too:)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service