Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94600

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wouldve just chucked all that hop trub into the fermenter, pitched and if youre really worried rack to a 2ndary, but youd be surprised how much of that shit gets chewed up by the yeast!! Still manage to get clear beer too...
Yeah I'm just a nazi about getting the absolute least amount of crap into the fermenter, dunno why, not like I've had any problems that I could directly relate to it.

Looks like I'll be able to recover about 2.5L of clear wort, but may dump some trub into wort - really want 20L of this one!
Ended up dumping a bit of trub to hit 19L.

Turns out the freezer wasn't plugged into the thermostat so this one turned a bit Belgian-esque free rising from 19 to 21.6C overnight. Hopefully SO5 will be forgiving.
Hi Dude

Just a Newbie getting my setup together (10 gallon rubbermaid cooler with 80 L Boil Pot) and using BeerSmith.

I was told I'd be looking at 50L batches, can i really achieve this with my setup?

Thanks Kieran
easy you can mash 10kg of grist with the 50gal your @ 80% Eff that would come out at 1.050 ish or 5%, Did you manage to brew yet?
That red looks the bizness Glen!! Ive got a red IPA in the keg at the mo, just carbed it today so it should be ready in a week or so...

Got this planned for the end of the week, basically a rebrew of a beer I did a while back with a few tweaks

Motueka Altbier

2.6kg Kolsch
700g Global Munich
180g Cara Munich II
30g Carafa S III - Considering upping this to 50/60g??
250g Cane Sugar - Caramelised with first 5L of wort and added back to the boil at 10mins..

Mash Hop - 30g Motueka 7.1%
60 - 15g Motueka 7.1%
20 - 25g Motueka 7.1%
0 - 20g Motueka 7.1%
Dry - 30g Motueka 7.1%

US-05
Just kegged my 2ipa, down to 1012 from 1069, gotta love US-05, its apparantly 172 IBU but hydro sample was gone in no time, its actually allready tasting balanced which is a bit of a worry, shouldve gone over 200 IBU :o( But oh well, it will be a nice beer, good hop aroma and nice balance between malt and hop on the palate.. Yum!!

Just brewing this now for a friends party, decided to leave the alt till the weekend :o) Hopefully this should be megaswill friendly?

3kg Maris Otter
400g Weyermann Vienna
240g Aussie Wheat
160g CaraRed
200g Cane Sugar

60 - 8g Columbus 14.2%
15 - 20g Amarillo 8.6%
0 - 25g Amarillo 8.6%
Dry - 15g Amarillo 8.6%

And what else but US-05 :oP lol
Used a bit too much strike water and then sparged as normal, so had about 29 litres in the kettle so ive decided to do a 2 hour boil which im half way through now lol, im thinking it might actually work well bringing out some of the melanoidens in the vienna malt?? The garage smells awesome right now :o)
I wasn't going to brew this weekend, stocks are good and I fancy a sleep in and a lazy day.

But the good man in New Plymouth just shipped me 101 Dalmatians, ah, make that 101 kg's of grain.
Not all for me you understand, to distribute amongst the good brewing Men Of Northern Welly

So there's a little itch needing a scratch, with a kg or two of Global Cologne, maybe, we'll see
That Global Cologne been giving you funny feelings in your pants jt?? if not? It should!!
I might just well brew tonight. Bitter.
Maris Otter, Dark Crystal, pinch of pale choccy maybe. East Kent Goldings. S04.
See how I feel when I get home.
I've got 3 full kegs of bitter and it is such a nice feeling... kegged two last night. Kegged two a couple of weeks ago but have finished one of them already!

The first was all Motueka, pale malt with Caramunich 2 and Amber.
The second was all Pacifica, pale malt with a pinch of Crystal 90 and Wheat.

Both are just under 4%, about 30ibu and used WLP002.

The taste at kegging had me thinking that the first batch is a little better (though I'd cut back or cut out the Amber next time).

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service