Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hop Harvest

Had a bottle of Sparky's Hop harvest ale last night - home grown hops sourced from Tim, aka George in the 'Naki, top drop. Also had Sparky's red Ale tonight - in my thirst I forgot to check the colour .... Porter with Notts tomorrow night
Doing four from Peak Brewing ...

Had a lunch of cheeses and the Lager (Kolsch) ....

Dinner will include the Porter with more cheese followed by steak with the ESB and IPA .... yummo ...
shit, hope you get some kiwifruit and feijoa in over the next few days.
I had a token carrot with the steak if that counts :o)
Don't worry you had your veges in the beer!
A night at home alone...sad I know but a good chance to sample what i have in store.
tonights delights have so far been my ESB x 2 then my kiwipa hoppy as... currently sipping long white cloud IPA a bit smoother than the last but just as hoppy. Coming up left overs from my Xmas Porter then maybe a Chocolate Stout if I'm still awake.
Life is wonderful.
Cheers.
Found a rogue bottle of my Scotch ale last night, it seems to have fermented out a bit in the bottle which resulted in over carbonation and a slightly thin mouthfeel, but other than that it was quite nice, prominent peated notes with hints of chocolate and roast, went down a treat in front of the fire!!
MOA Black

I normally am not a fan of lagers. As a matter of fact, they usually taste bad to me.

This was different.

The MOA black has a nicely roasted chocolate taste, and crisp clean finish. A good beer for late autumn evening.
Funny thing I had a Moa Noir (Black Lager) the other day and thought the exact same thing!!
I don't often take a leap of faith - the last one was the late hopped brown with all the hops from 20 minutes that Jo suggested.
Kegged & bottled it this morning, a bit sloppy and a fair bit of hop debris got through, didn't want to waste it, in the fridge tonight, a bit warm, had a pint, landed safely, leap completed

Top suggestion Jo, very smooth, subdued bitterness up front, bit more afterwards, very flavoursome, very tasty.

cheers chap, job well done
Good on you mate. I'm pleased to hear it... great work!
Yes, very pleased with it last night with the first taste.
Now to let it condition up, got to have patience and keep my hands off it

Then, to turn the recipe from a 4.5% beer into a 3.5% beer with the same balance
That's next after this weekends Cascade Pale

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service