Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Last night I drank the first bottle of my 12 Armageddon's that arrived yesterday for being one of the winner's in the 42 Days pic compo (Epic Obama is mine). First Armageddon I've had out of the bottle and must say I was blown away. It seemed far smoother than the recent few I've had on tap at the Malthouse. Still a hop head's dream, but damn smooth - way too easy to drink, so well balanced!

Thanks Luke! Awesome beer!
And the sharing will commence when????
Saving it for wetting the baby's head.... any freakin' moment now I hope... she's running late!
Mate just dangled that stout around around your partners stomach and she will come!! Well wouldnt you!! Good Luck also I dont know if I said that on Sunday it was all a little bit of a blur!!
What you mean the "oyster(!?)" stout? ... ;-)

Thanks!
Good luck and congrats Nolen :o)
Tonight... a big beer feast with a certain Auckland-loving Yeastie Boy

Green Flash Le Freak
Fat Cat Old Fat Cat Barleywine
Emerson's Bourbon Porter
Westvleteren 12

Should be interesting working out an order of proceedings...
That reminds me I better put my Westys in the fridge!!
Possibly poor form but hey, if you don't try it...

That mention of Emerson's Porter got my mind ticking. Porter in the fridge and bourbon in the cupboard. Yes, I did a little chemistry and yes, it tastes good :P
My apologies to Tuatara for 'changing' your beer but maybe you can do us a special bourbon release or something too??
Snuck in a Fullers 1845 and an Innis and Gunn (Rum Cask) ale too.

Westy is not a bad old ale but doesn't really do it for me like it does for all the adoring fanboys. All of the rest were pretty good with the Emerson's Bourbon Porter still amazingly "fresh" (just the faintest hint of marmite on the nose) and the Green Flash Le Freak was freakin' awesome! First good "Belgian IPA" I've had... it really put the overhyped Mikkeller/Struise Eliot Brew beer to shame.
what you mean, there's more than one of us!
Harrington's Wobbly Boot...

A few people told me they did not care for this beer. However, I am quite pleased with it. Nicely roasted malts as one would expect in a porter. It reminds me of a beer I used to drink whilst visiting Vermont. (Wish I could remember the name.) Good beer.

Later tonight I am going to crack open one of the SNPA I brought back from the states. I know it is pretty much a big commercial beer these days, but I still love SNPA.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service