Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94608

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, it originally came from Ross - a colleague of mine in the aussie office frequents that shop, he has dropped the mash hopping and upped the wheat by 100gm purely to make it as idiot proof as possible, apparently it is a nice summer quaffer at around 4.5 - 5% ABV.
Ive read alot of great things about that recipe so im sure it will turn out to be a cracker! Have fun mate!
Is that all there is 2C - Pale American Ale

95% Pils
5% Carapils
0.5g per L Simcoe at 60, 30, 10
3g per L Simcoe at 0
S05
What's the idea behind drawing off the 1 litre at 20mins and adding hops into it?
drawing off the one liter, adding hops and leaving it for 20 mins before adding it back would be to steep the hops I think. you could also do this with the full boil, add the hops at flameout and let it sit for 20 mins before cooling, I think that would have the same effect....
I am puzzled about the 80 and 90 min additions though, why split them up?? I don't think the most experienced drinker could tell the difference from that and a single addition at 90..??
Tell you what, I'll follow the recipe exactly this time and if I like the beer I will combine the 80 and 90min additions next time :) and give you a full report.
Eastie Boy's '30/40 Bitter' (brewed on the weekend of Kieran Haslett-Moore's 30th for my sister's 40th).

Summer styles...
Golden Promise with a little pinch of crystal and an equal pinch of wheat. 1.043.
100% Pacifica to 34ibu.
WLP002, Gen2.

Had a wee incident with the flase bottom coming detached from the hose so the mash is settling out for the second time before run off. I had to pour the whole thing out, refix the bottom/hose, and then pour it all back into the mash tun. Thankfully the sun is out.
WLP002, Gen2.

1st the worst...
2nd the best...
the first wasn't too shabby!

I guess the third will have to be an golden promise IPA - the golden princess.
Will that be served before or after the obligatory Golden Shower? ;0)
Global Czech Pils

Thanks to Joking aka Liberty Brewing for the Global Pils Malt... (thanks again bro!)

90% Global Pilsner
5% Cara-Pils
5% Caramel/Crystal Malt
30.00 gm Northern Brewer (60 min)
30.00 gm Saaz (15 min)
20.00 gm Saaz (0 min)

Urquell Lager (Wyeast Labs #2001)

Used the a little faster run off this morning but still hit 79% efficiency into the fermenter, magic!
How did the runoff taste? That Global Pils has a rwaly honey note in there aye?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service