Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Thought I'd start a thread to give some "mad props" to my favs from Brew NZ and Beervana. Here goes:
- The great guys from stewarding. It was much harder work than I thought but I had a great time hanging out with Martin, Stu, Craig, Chris and the gang.
- Smelling how good one particular beer was in the pouring judge, looking up its number and then finding out it was Armegeddon and realising how privileged we all are.
- Being privileged enough to score some fantastic beer, including an awarding winning and delicious His Majestys in the bottle and being given one by the Yeastie Boys in the rigger.
- Meeting some of the awesome judges. Dave Logsdon was just fantastic and it was great chatting with Shane (from Steam) and Richard from Wig and Pen (among others).
- Hanging out with the guys from Renaissance Brewery. Brian is a legend for buying me coffee on the Saturday morning session of Beervana. Along with Andy and Soren that lot are the nicest brewers around.
- Meeting all the volunteers, including all you lot from RealBeer. There were some super cool people who let me boss them round a fair bit and didn't seem to mind too much.
- Laughing when Daniel from the beerstore introduced himself and said "you seem to drink a lot". And, explaining to lots of poeple that that is how I managed to get involved with BrewNZ and Beervana!!
-Almost forgot....Awarding best shirt to Matt from Harringtons for two awesome shirts on mash-in and at the awards. Big ups to Stu's shirt and pant combo and Paul Mecurio's hilarious beer shirt at Beervana.

Phew, and sure I've missed a bit out....Like the beer. I'll have to get back to it.

Views: 242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

True!!! I'm sure we could trust all to do a small 30ml pour!?!
I guess based on the public poll it looks like we should have International Breweries entering. (maybe it is so the stewards have a cool selection of beer to take afterwards)
Hrm. That poll is very broken. It just let me vote three times. All Yes, by the way. ;)
Are you casting doubt on our dedication, committment, selflessness, etc...it was about the passion, of course...
Josh

Just found out there were around 150 international entries for the Beer Awards @ $150 per entry that is $22,500. An amount of money that helps the Brewers Guild of New Zealand to run the event.
Agreed. That was my point.

Wouldn't be too keen on $200 per entry - that's about 2 years profit for us! Well, if we were making a profit that is...
I'm sure I've mentioned this in a previous thread somewhere, and can't remeber if i got shot down in flames or not, but can someone please explain how a beer labled as (eg) an IPA and therefore sold as such can be entered into the awards in the NZ draught category?
or an Ale getting Best in Class for International Lager
Isn't that brewed with a lager yeast like all their beers??
Presumably you are joking or or i've misunderstood? Please explain how this could be possible...
I would suggest that like most draughts, ales, and lagers in NZ (except craft brewers) they are brewed using a lager strain, or at least Canterbury (Lion) use a similar strain!
Well if you lager your Ale than its lager? Fuck knows but it seems just to take the piss realy and shows what a mockary the awards could be. Speights Distinction Ale Best International Lager come on.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service