Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agree, will need to revisit this beer, also need to get a bottle of Popering Hommel Bier, mmmm
The barman knew everyone by name and the local vicar even stopped in for a couple after the sermon. There was even cheese and crackers supplied and Camra flyers everywhere.
but gee it was old and run now but well worth going too.
Mashing In last night:
2008 Pot Kettle Black
Yeastie Boys Plan K
Renaissance MPA (tap, tasting pretty good)
Emerson's Pilsner

Dinner at Great India:
DAB Dortmunder and Boddington's (both from can @ Great India) - both went really well with the dinner, the DAB was very drinkable.

And a few interesting drops at Hashigo Zake over the last few nights:
Rogue XS Imperial Stout
Rogue XS Old Crustacean Barleywine
Nogne O IPA

Rogue Imperial Stout was the pick of them all.
Oh Rogue XS Stout one of the Best I have 1 left!! Do they have them there for sale over the bar?
Yup, Rogue XS Imperial Stout, Imperial Porter, Imperial Pilsener and Barley Wine. Awesome 750ml bottles served with the thickest, heaviest glass goblet I've seen.
Gonzo too!
Awsome wont feel so bad when I crack into it now knowing I can easlier obtain it!!
Last night:
@ Hashigo Zake:
- Flying Dog In Heat Hefe-Weizen (a very solid wheat beer)
- Flying Dog Doggie Style Pale Ale (hoppy, piney, refreshing - need moar)
- Flying Dog Old Scratch Amber Lager (meh)
- A few tastes from the taps, Elemental, Epic.
@ Malthouse:
- Epic Armageddon Batch 2 (young, hoppy, no balance)
- Cock & Bull Monk's Habit (too cold! couldn't taste the greatness I remember)
Malthouse was fair humming with beer geekiness - loved it!
Hey david, yeah the Monks was a bit too cold, but as we were working our way thru about 12 guest beers that night I couldnt get all the right beers on the correct temperature lines, so sorry about that mate.

What am I drinking?? Well....

Stone & Wood, Armageddon Epic Journey, Croucher Pilsner, Tuatara IPA, Rogers Reserve, Dux Pinot barrel porter, Emersons Bourbon Porter 2008......

My American Cream ale, im so happy with it ive decided to make it a house beer! Or at least variations of it... Hopped lightly with Nugget, Amarillo, and Cascade Next time will probably sub cascade for simcoe or centennial...
Nice and clear, any finings or just cold conditioning?

What was the grist in the end?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service