Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You reacon its nice of the tap, try off a cask!! Now thats the nuts!! Still no complaints here about it coming of the N/CO2!!
I'm drinking my Patriot American Pale Ale ATM..... and in my unprofessional, bias opinion... fuck you all it's not going in the case swap now!.... ouch my wife just hit me and told me not to be a prick.... and not to swear on the internet... fuck. Looks like I'll be brewing this again and kegging it, with another couple of weeks it'll be prime and have a couple of bubbles I hope.

Two bottles and I feel like I've been drinking all night.... another couple hours to go yet....
Fuck it, swear on the internet. I do it all the time. Fuck.

Drinking all night? I know the feeling, lots of APA, US Stout, and cough cough heineken cough cough tonight. And work tomorrow, 6am start so not too bad.

Triple Rock.
Fuck all drinking tonight, last exam tomorrow morning. Then drinking. See Will's post further down... fuck yeah.

Wait, your wife reads over your shoulder?

How you doin'....
Katie went to bed and I ended the night with a couple of my older brews from the last of my partial days first of my AGs. Cellared in the garage in glass they were probably between nine and 16 months old.

Boy I made/make some crap beer.... I went through (drain poured) two bottles of "lager" which was made with kit and kilo, probably WAY past their best before. A bottle of "lager" extract, grains and s23 which was palatable, a bottle of lager extract, grains and W34/70 and a first Pale Ale from the first case swap. I feel asleep in my chair watching Supernatural on TV!

Just finished moving three cord of wood, going to make some lunch for the family and then out for a catch up with the brother and brother in laws for a few beers.
well we have a whole bundle of goodies lined up for tomorrow night

List includes:
pitch black stout
Pink Elephant Imperious Rushin Stowt
Renaissance:Stonecutter Scotch Ale
Green Man Whisky Doppelbock (maybe will considering cellariing)
Epic Hayhem
Fullers Strong ale
*most of these jewels were obtained from a eventful bike ride to the Hallswell New World. that collection is worth it, even it does require a consummation of the glorious Christchurch smog

This soup will be followed by an extravagant collection of drunken pope goodies ( Rangitira amber ale and red sea red ale)
Will be one good night, will report in the morning of our findings, both brewing insights, and moments of drunken clarity.

Huzzah
Will

P.S. i do have to say our oat stout is tasting fantastic and we look forward to the beer swap reviews.
Welll to join in the celebration of Chch drinking I'll post, but only under fuckin' swearing obligation duress.

Some Hoppy Porter then 3 Boys IPA at the pub then some home brewed Pils and my own American Amber, which, bottled in plastic due to glass constraints, had suffered co2 retention problems. Bastard thing. Notwithstanding, good okay drinking all round.
Founder's Stout (has potential but WAY overcarbonated - I'll leave half the rigger for the 'morrow).
Emerson's Hoppy Porter... yeah yeah, I like this. The Very Brown Ale came really good in the last week or so. This is unique and really really good. A black Bowmore of a beer.

Had a JP the other day. I might buy a dozen for the cellar. It's near undrinkable now with all those esters and spice but something about it says to me that it'll be ferkin' fantastic in a year.
I thought the JP be was awsome but it was a little dirty!! like a little black dirty girl!!!
just too out there for me at the moment but i'm looking forward to how it ages. the 2007 one was sublime from 6 to 12 months after release, one of my favourite NZ beers of all time without doubt. My last bottle was in about August last year. I wish I had 10 dozen more.
At least... I'm buying a box from Regionals this week.
Geoff here (in Dunedin, on Richard's computer!)

Stu, Steph Coutts had kept four different versions of the 07 JP and we got to taste them last week (thanks Steph).

They were four of the eight pre-release trial versions that had been fermented with different yeasts. We sampled the Rochefort, Duvel, Unibroue and Chimay yeast versions (the Chimay was the one selected for the commercial release).

We all felt that, at this age, the Unibroue version was easily the best, showing a delightful white pepper and coriander-like spiciness, freshness and complexity.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service