Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I am trying to organise some beer for my wedding and was after some suggestions. I love good beer but most of my mates will just want Waikato or something similar. I was thinking about getting two kegs. I don't even know what beer I will be able to get cause we are living in Australia at the moment trying to organise everything from here. Any suggestions would be good we're getting married at Port Waikato and I don't mind driving a few hours to pick them up.

Views: 463

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ask Luke if he can hook you up with some Epic Pale Ale.
Or *gasp*, Epic Lager... by the way Luke, had a couple of bottles last night of Pale Ale batch 327, best tasting Epic I've had so far :D
You could get in contact with BeerNZ, I'm sure they would be happy to supply you with anything you'd want. That way you can get a keg from 2 different breweries and have it delivered at the venue. Or you could try contacting the breweries directly.
Hmmm... I won't be getting married until I can answer this question. Too many choices!
You'd have to coincide that event with a yeastie boys release perhaps then Stu ?
Well if they want Waikato, get a keg of it from the local for them, they'll thank you for it

Then drive to Auckland - or get beernz - to deliver a keg of something good.

No point wasting real good beer on people who will tell you it's not as good as Waikato.

Luckily, people's taste in beer relates something like, "you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time" (apologies if I got that wrong) Bite the bullet and accept that some people will not thank you for anything other than their favourite tipple
Dave, send me a msg - will be happy to help out. I've done kegs of Emersons Bookbinder to the most hardened Speights drinkers (including at the party a current All Black coach). Something like Harringtons Razorback or Wigram Propeller lager would be fine if you wanted to initiate but not offend. Then go with a Tuatara Pilsner or maybe 3Boys Golden Ale to quench on what I'm sure will be a hot Waikato day.

CB
Hey- have to disagree to a certain extent to JT's comment. Some of the people I know say they only drink macro-brew A or B, and wont touch anything else. Give them a nice pint of Bookie or Crouchers PA and they marvel at it. I think no one will complain about getting a free beer at a wedding, and you may get a few converts! The best gateway brew (in my opinion) was Limburg Hopsmacker- not too OTT, but what a great drop and I was gutted when they went under; another good reason to keep fighting the good fight!
OK, it was a bit defeatist, but worth a shot !
Ive got my wedding planned for 6th feb next year, venue booked and everything, then I found out how much to bring in beer, $17 per litre!!! ouch!!! Might pay to check that if youre booking a venue?

Ive decided not to supply my mates with my own beer, im just gonna bring in a corny for myself, lie about the volume it holds and drink away :o) Im going for something like a 2.5% bitter tho so I can drink steadily all day without ending up a mess :oP lol
Thanks for the info. BeerNZ I will be in touch soon will probably go with a nice NZ Pilsner and something like emersons bookbinder, not too challenging for anyone and maybe even teach a few people that there is alot more good beer out there.
If it's any help - at The Moutere Inn after getting through 71 different beers in 4 months the "peoples choice" is Green Fern from the West Coast Brewery. Emerson's Pilsner was also a fav as was Tuatara Pilsner.

Basically - it would seem that golden lagers/pilsners are the best 'transition' beer for those used to drinking standard brown NZ lager.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service