Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No Green Man, it's an Irish-Kiwi bar with Monteith's, a German beer, an "Irish" beer, a Czech beer and, of course, pizza (and mince on toast). I reckon it'll change hands or close before 31/12/2009.
One thing it does have is a great location for the suited crowd, i much prefer my 22.5 minute walk to the malthouse...
Early start today as it is hot as hell and it is race day here in the paradise that is Upper Hutt!!

Stu's Mild
10 pints left in the Keg of Ordinary bitter
Than its on to a whole varity of APA's from Epic to Emersons
Wish me Luck its going to be a long day and night!!
Jeez - that beer's long gone out here. I hope it's still breathing. Did you ever drink the Imperial Stout?
Well, the mild has a huge malt profile for sucH a low gravity beer!! was it the second runnings from the Russian Stout? Um.... the Imperial Russian Stout was so good that you encouraged me into brewing and drink them, in saying that im drinking one of mine now!! its very young and fuity and acutaly its to dinkable for how young it is, is that a good thing? 32deg here and drinking a Russian Imperial Stout? it working!! next a 3 boys plum!! go figure my palate!!
Drink 'em young, if they're good enough. I brewed mine to be drunk within three months. I'll save a little to see how it ages but I wanted a beer that tasted great early on.

That mild (no it was it's own beer, "second runnings" went in the garden).... anyway... it was pretty close to bang on 3%... we might bump it up a little next week. Or we might not.
I'm drinking IPA from the Golden Bear in Mapua. My bro-in-law brought back a 2L rigger for me. Not only is he generous enough to do that, he even put a Liverpool shirt on his website. Good man (for a Chelsea supporter). He thought the beer was great but that the bar was a little sterile. He also thought the owner seemed a bit knackered - as opposed to the enthusiasm of Mr Monkey Wizeard down the road.

It's a little like Tuatara IPA (nutty, with a little caramel and vanilla) and it reminds me a little of Hopsmacker too. Bigger than both of them. I'll need to be careful...

More here

Makes me wish I was on the SOBA trip to MarchFest.
Did you have to mention Marchfest :*o(
Last night - last of the Golden Boy at Pomeroys, then my first Paradox on tap.

Today, visited the thirsty bloke so have a variety of beers I haven't seen in chch too often;
Pink Elephants Golden Tusk, Mammoth and Humbug
Green Man Whisky Bock
Invercargill Biman

some of which will be drunk later and some perhaps after indoor football tomorrow
Have to let us know what you think of the paradox...much debate has followed it
Had had a few too many golden boys to evaluate it, other than I recall it being less malty and differently hopped. Nice though. Will be back sometime midweek to conduct a more thorough analysis
Just went to Viccs New World.

2 x Bookies and one each of Emerson's Porter, Renaissance APA and Summer Blonde, and a Hobgoblin.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service