Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stu, All these people are drinking Golden Boy - besides off the tap in Regionals (which has run out, no surprise) where can you buy takeaways in Welly?
No other takeaways Steph. There was a limited stock of 330ml bottles at BeerStore but they may well all be gone now.

I'm not sure if Liquidate on The Terrace is open during the break but, if so, that is probably the only place that is available right now.

Regionals will have four more kegs soon...

Cheers
Stu
Oh well....will await the Regional kegs...And, maybe Bar Edward? We will be stopping in post-gardening over the festive season.
Bar Edward have finished theirs.
Emerson's Arawa Gold is a similar drop (though less fruity, more grassy) if you are looking for something along those lines in the riggers... It's good. I had a couple of pints after putting up a trampoline for our kids on 23rd.
Oh yeah, we've had a few of those over the past few days (may be an advantage of no kids)...Have quite enjoyed it and it seems to have lasted a while at Regionals which is good. Jonny really enjoys it. Has that orangey twist that is quite summery. We got swing ball for xmas which is fun!!
Does Jonny throw a tantrum when you want to stop playing swingball? If so, I know the feeling well...
Taking home for Xmas: 3 Boys Wheat, Golden Ale, Renaissance Stonecutter, Emersons Taieri George, Fullers London Porter, 6-pack of Epic Lager (to entice the old man into good beer) & some homebrew. I'm good for the next week I think!

Merry Xmas all!
500ml Bookbinder to "leave out for Santa" tonight.
Tomorrow I've got an Emersons APA, Taeiri George, Old 95, a bottle of Martins IPA, and a keg of Fresh bitter. Sorted.
2 x Bookbinder, 1 x Youngs Special, 1 x Kunwig Weissbeir, 3 x Grolsch 500ml swing top, 1 x perfection Pale ale
Geah, just had a trip to GlenGarry in Rema's.

Bottle each of Bookbinder, Emerson's Pils, Perfection Pale Ale, Dux Strong Pale Ale.
KO'd the Perfection, nothing amazing IMO.

Onto Bookbinder now. A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

Also bought a notebook for writing my tasting notes in. Will try and get notes for every beer I drink at home. Would feel a little meh rocking into a pub with my Warwick red notebook.
Took 3 x 2 litres of my beers in for the end of year BBQ today - a Saison, the IPA that Barry has and the last remnants of my honey porter. All vanished double quick with great feedback from my colleagues. Then had a couple of Westmallen Tripels at the Occidental before the last bits of Christmas shopping.

Now at home sobering up for a bit! Santa will get to sample an IPA, I think! I have a beer fridge which is fairly well stocked, though not much of it is of my own creation. A few Yeastie Boys Golden Boys, a few Renaissance Perfections, a few Sassy Reds, couple of Tuatara Porters, a Smoking Bishop and a couple of Emersons JPs. Should keep me going until I can keg the Vienna Lager at the weekend.

Hope you all have a very merry Christmas and I'll see a few of you on Saturday, I hope.

Martin

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service