Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2 Seasons ago mate. The fishing dried up when I moved to New Plymouth - as I have no boat. I never got as far out as the Mokes - but we hit barrier a few times - alas no Trophy.
kite fishing would work well down that way - I used to do a lot of that on the west coast before getting my boat. looks like Kawau is firing at the mo as well.... http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=35837
We are having an Invercargill Boysenberry. I really like it and our glasses must be sparkling as it is leaving a lovely lace - surely scoring some extra points for appearance. Wish I had some blue cheese as I reckon it would be worth trying a match out. Tried some of Luke's IMP the other night. It has length, was cloudy with a few floaties. And strong, my goodness...Not sure I was up to more that the few sips I had!!
Yeh, I like it. It's quite rich, and I think you might be right on that match - you could drop the quince jelly and have a Boysenbeery instead. I've got a case of it in the cellar (next to the case of Smokin' Bishop!).
This year's Smokin was good. Less full on than last year and for that reason far more drinkable. Still call it my breakfast beer!!
Yeh, I preferred it this year. It was a little tighter all up, and I loved the hint of citrus in there.
With Rusty, HerrSchnapps, Nick and I catching up on Friday night had a taster of HerrSchnapps and Nick's Stout. Body was light to medium, with mellow coffee tones, and very easy to drink. Well done guys, looking forward to the next batch!y
The last of my Kea Pale Ales - a year past it's expiry - I finally summoned up the courage to crack the top off last night.
Pleasant, drinkable, but not at it's best as I recall it.

Renaissance Discovery on the starting blocks after work, at a respectable hour ... perhaps.
Followed by a couple of odd bottles, the last bottle of porter that bombed in the comp and a Styrian ale that was unpleasantly over and dry hopped to the point of being painful from the keg when fresh (hopefully an extra month has turned this into a gem)

cheers chaps, jt

I'm going to open a 1999 Thomas Hardy's tonight. Any suggestions for a warm up beer to start off with?
I wouldn't recommend having a Bookbinder beforehand, anyhing after that will seem lame. Bookbinder rocks!

How about an Export 33. That'll make your Thomas Hardies Ale taste like liquid gold :)
Where'd you score your BBs from mate?
Theres BBs in the 500ml bottles at Liquorland in Northcross, but they cost the same as the other Emersons :o( I miss the 1.25 litre bottles badly!!! They were awesome!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service