Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Who does a brewer vote for? What party is going to "bring it" to the brewers?

And what will you be drinking on election night?

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Twisted Hop is having a beerfest, so I'll be drinking a bit of everything!
Me too!
Me three...

I can't see any major change for the brewing community, unless Bill & Ben get in... then it's party time.

NZ is still to entrenched in Red vs Blue.. google it and watch an episode, probably better than the elections will be.
Emerson's APA, 2 dozen arrived today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well if I was going to vote for a party the party would need liberal views, lower tax on imported goods and to lift excise tax.
But one rule I learnt was never discuss politics over beer so I will sit on the fence on this one.

And a Pint of Labour I mean Ordinary.
Have a think lads, as to why you are paying 20c + per unit for your electricity that runs your kegerator.

Before you jump @ me, I was interested enough to pop into Parliament while the reforms were debated in urgency one Fri Night many years ago.

Unfortunately my thoughts & views did not count & nor did the effects this change would/has had on NZer's

I'm sure in Bradford they don't have the Max view that has turned a National asset into a revenue Cow if you know what I mean.

I doubt if any Govt will be sympathetic to the brewing community, there's too much to be made when the craft brews are considered for excise tax.

Enough of my views Rant Rant!!!!!
Cheers
RDWHAHB party ?

Sounds like Mr S will be driving Mr S to Richees for some APA tomorrow night as they watch the results?
I bet the Election results won't be as stunning as Mr Richees APA Mr t ;)
Yep all welcome, this is the last 1 dozen and ten bottles of Emersons APA left in the Hawkes Bay!!!! (that I am aware of).
A brewer who cares about excise tax votes for ACT (if they want their party vote to count for something) of Libertarianz (if they follow their heart).

As for drinking... I have about half a keg each of:

Barry Whiteley's awesome golden ale
My Saxbys Ordinary Bitter
Alexandra's "Last Rites" American Pale Ale (her first ever brew!)

I have a full keg of "Affirmative Action" Oatmeal Stout, which is the first stout I've ever brewed and tastes remarkably good.

Don't worry, I'm not doing it alone. ;)
You'll be happy no matter who "wins"*

* I say it that way because I'm sure it will end with two leaders claiming victory tonight... and back room deals will ensue.

I've got a few interesting beers for the night, though a few of them (Pink Elephant) promise to be diacetyl bombs going by the Golden Tusk I had last night.

I've got a bottle of Stonecutter though, which'll be a nice beer to go with my "luddite" vote.
I have a flagon of twisted hop challenger with massive thanks to Ged! That along with the cornish pasties that i'm making this arvo and watching my team whip the Kiwis in the world cup tonight (yep being pretty hopeful) is pretty much gonna make my evening!

you're right Stu....i was looking forward to the end of electioneering but stupidly forgot about all the dodgy deals and aftermath....sigh

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service