Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Looking at doing a keg set up, Is it cheaper and easyer to go with the brew craft setup or designing your own set up, and getting the bits from the likes of Craft brewer, etc?
Whats your thoughts?

Views: 5491

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yip My thinking that this is the best option.
I had a ridiculoous quote on shipping frm them when I got all my stuff shipped. I queried it and they cut it in half. Might be worth a look.

Hallertau is definitely cheaper, no doubt about it, but the kegs won't be in as good a nick as the morebeer recons. I've got a few of them and they were superb.
Off topic, but I just had a look through the Dunedin Malthouse prices and all I can say is WTF?!?! $4 for 30grams of Hops??? Who does he think he is?
So did I to get the price of the Keg set up and was a little shocked. But I have struggled to get some hops, so I am guessing its a supply demand thing.
I tried NZHops and they were out of:

NZ Cascade
NZ & Imported Fuggle
Challenger
East Kent Golding
Amarillo
Imported Golding
Liberty
Chinook
Galena
Centennial
Imported Willamette
Nugget
Tettnang
Ouch. Craftbrewer.com.au has a really good selection and I've thought of bringing some in but dunno how MAF would like a little baggie of green leafy matter coming across the border.
They are all good. Iv ordered hops from them a couple of times and never had trouble with MAF.
Hey man its definately all good, I got some Galaxy and Amarillo hops with all my kegging gear, along with some liquid yeasts and no MAF problems, Ross even put a letter to customs in the box saying its all approved and if theres any issues to contact him and not to break the vacuum seals... He says hes been dealing with them for quite a few years now...
As long as the bags are professionally sealed and packaged. I've bought hops from Aus that were just put into a zip seal clear bag and MAF said no go unless heat treated at 85C for 8 hours or something ridiculous!!!! I've had no trouble with Ross and their yeast are competitively priced.

Rich
Did they have any aroma? Riwaka?
As of 29th October there was 100g packs of Riwaka available. Email nzhops@nzhops.co.nz (Doreen gave me a list) with a wish list and she will help you where she can.
Looks like NZHops have more stock in.... Doreen helped me out today!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service