Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

jp - just need to mash it a lot higher to get some body in there.
jt - Don't people just add 10% carapils in for that ?

Either, either. I like to add carapils because I can't always control my mash temp well enough.
Bingo... just looking at the receipe to figure out why it's not as full as I was expecting... I didn't add the carapils, but the mash was 67C... time to check the thermometer again..
Hydro of another Hop Rocker clone.... maybe I have the fermenters mixed up, this one has body and has a slick mouth feel. Outside of fermenter has mold spores starting to grow on it, too scared to open the fermenter incase it gets a whiff of the wild spores.

Crap.
You must think like me when you are pissed... I cleaned it with bleach solution...

It'll need some lagering to get rid of the slight sulphur, but having said that, it usually gets a couple months in the keg.

Time for an Armageddon....
Just cracked a bottle of Schneider Aventinus Weizen-Eisbock.

Stellar beer. It's like a massive version of Aventinus or their weiss. But way more better. And massive. Regretting giving a third of the bottle to my girlfriend.

Scary easy to drink for 12%.
Just having a bottle in the fridge is good enough occasion to drink it!

Drinking a bottle of Raging Bitch now (Belgian-style IPA). Another great beer, just wish I was drinking it fresh out of the tap.
A bottle of Harrington's Ngahere Gold for nostalgia.... not as I remember it when we went through a keg of it for my 18th birthday all those years ago, but far from offensive as DB draught would be. I still have 5 cans out of a six pack of rheineck my brother bought me for my birthday in February in the cupboard (it's a bad taste present thing we do to each other), maybe I can stomach it now?

Next up some cbc choclate stout, then we'll see if I'm still awake to look in the fridge.... splitting 15 metres of wood is hard work.
Drinking a small sample of my Belgian Blonde to check the carbonation. It's tasting pretty good even though it's very young (kegged on Wednesday). Very happy with it so far.
Popped into Galbraiths this afternoon after taking the wife for a day out. Lunch at wagamama, Iron Man 2, and two pints of 3 boys IPA. It was good to drink a commercially produced IPA to make sure I am on the right track with the ones I am brewing. The 3 boys seemed more bitter (sharper?) than mine, but less aroma and hop flavour. Does anyone know what hops they use?
Popped into Galbraiths this afternoon after taking the wife for a day out. Lunch at wagamama, Iron Man 2, and two pints of 3 boys IPA.

was that Mother's Day or Father's Day!!!??

I suppose I can't talk, I brewed yesterday! Though Fritha did go out for lunch with all the ladies of her family... and I am taking her to Melbourne next week (she's even flying business class the lucky sod - not on the same flight thankfully! I'm going via Sydney to catch up with a friend... and Red Oak).
Coopers Stout

You know what...I actually like this beer. After decanting it from the 750ml bottle, it produced a nice head that had good retention. Although I would have like a little bit more in the hops dept, I must say, it still turned out to be a very nice beer. It went really nice with a piece of chocolate I just finished eating. :)
Heard alot of good things about the coopers stout!! Must try it one day...

Over the weekend blew the keg of Centennial IPA I had, then moved onto the two cream ales ive still got! Didnt get time to brew or keg my brown as it was Enzos 2nd bday party on saturday, followed by mothers day, busy busy!! :o/

Also last night cracked the last of my US beers, a Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye, lovely thick oily hop monster!! Not alot of spice from the rye but its there, allthough hard to pick through the layers upon layers of hop aroma!! Yum

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service