Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Too true, though Pak and Save there is TRYING!! I will send you an email re the 1.5ers. How long would they cellar for? It seems like an awesome present to save for a special occassion. PS - Was hoping I wouldn't get in trouble for that confession. I have inside knowledge that it was worth grabbing some!!
How long would they cellar for......I would say with being bottle conditioned, high alcohol and ~90 IBU it should last well. The 375ml is tasting IMO better now at 5 months after bottling than at 2. From what I've seen with our other beers the magnums are great drinking at 2 years so this should last better. Just watch the temp, I have the luxury of an underground cellar that is 10-13 degrees all year round. And no you are not in trouble.....hahahaha.....just pleased people are getting to drink it!
Happy birthday. Hope you have a great one and don't have to work tomorrow!!
Happy bday mate, sink a few for me ;o)
long weekend and not within the ministry of health's guidelines for beneficial consumption of alcohol i think...:

friday, quick trip to wellington, gotta do that more often:
HopWired, Nerdherder, PKB Remix (on tap and handpump, awesome either way!), Mayhem, Steph and Jonny's (and Mike's) award winning pale ale, MPA, Mikkeller Sauvin singlehop, Sierra Nevada harvest ale (southern hemisphere), baird angry boy brown, Nogne O imperial stout, the list goes on but my memory lets me down!

Yesterday: Graeme Mahy's (of 666 brewing) homebrewed roulette and imperial stout, pelican stout and unibrou's la terrible.

today while brewing: Mike Neilson's insane Sibirean stout, top top drop, but I dropped my hydrometer under its influence!...
Good to see and Brian up here Soren. Shame you guys got lured away for dinner - beautiful but brief. Both the IPAs tasting bloody good, with yours being my pick by the nose (literally).

Glad you enjoyed the Jafa Remix, that ironically never made it to Auckland ;-)
Jeepers - Huge night for you. Hope you guys were OK for the plane. I thought I drunk a bit!! Will have to get myself a taste of the Hopewired when I am slightly more sober!!
OK, I appolagise for the bad grammer and spelling and genral pissedeness of the reply but man what an occasion on Russian Stouts!! No Winners no Losers no Nothing just great Stouts, (and Barleywine) But ...................

As the bottle reads

Moa Dark Reserve

Class 16. Wood- and Barrel- aged Strong Beer

Its what I like in a Russian Stout, Dark, Rich, and Light, without being thin,, Easy to drink but you know its a large beer but without the lingering bitterness, nice balance of oak. Beer of 09???
Reasonably productive day today.

Racked the imperial Red63 to secondary onto 65ish grams of hops. Is tasting pretty good at the moment, extremely bitter but followed by a great maltiness.

Dry hopped my XmasBlonde with 30g of US Cascade while it was finishing fermenting ala 'Tasty' McDole, tasting a little husky/grainy and yeasty but once it cleans up I think (hope) it will go down well.

Built up my WY1968 starter for the eIPA I'll be brewing next weekend.

All finished up with a bottle of Epic Mayhem and now onto a pint of my IPA.
So yesterday was a bit of a big day, as anyone who reads my Facebook status updates will know! Today has been a washout - was planning to brew but there's no way I could have managed that. Lying in a heap on the sofa was the best I could manage.

During the day was the Auckland Guild of Winemakers & Brewers BBQ, which SOBA joined in with again. Awesome event again. seven handpumps, including one dispensing my version of Barry's Ordinary which seemed to go down well. I kept checking the quality and it seemed up to scratch. Sam kindly brought along some PKB Remix which was lovely. Interesting coconut note in there. Special mention also to John Golics' Foreign Export Stout which was awesome. Sadly I had to leave early to go to the work Christmas bash.

I wasn't expecting much from the party but it was a great night. Little Creatures Pale Ale, whisky sours, Bollinger Grand Annee 1996 & 1999, Jaeger shots......Oh dear oh dear. Amazingly I got home with a bottle of (normal) Bolly, my iPod, colleague's credit card (which had been holding the tab), all intact. can't say the same for my dignity though.
What about the Chunder in the cab???
Well, technically it was ON a cab....

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service