Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah ha...the Rouge Chocolate Stout...??? No birthday pressie required. You should drink it.
A good night at Father in law's 65th birthday. Two kegs of my own on tap, the first a NZ draught the second a pilsner. Many of the beer drinkers were impressed with the draught, however a little less impressed with the pilsner saying it was a little too bitter and a strong citrus smell and flavour..... I probably have to agree it was not my best pilsner, but it is still a little green.
Yeh, I thought it would appeal your inner feminist.
No worries, I've got something else up my sleeve now.

Everyone should be giving you a birthday present... you're the BrewNZ workaholic!
I had rather a lot of Epic Armageddon IPA last night, followed by Three Boys Oyster Stout. Damn Regionals having amazing beers on FYO!! Feeling a bit rough this morning.
Just dring Lagunitas "Hop Stoopid" Ale.

A few things about this beer dont add up for me.

#1: The Label says OG:1085 8%abv. I tested the Fg - and it was 1.014. Which would make it 9.3 (if the OG was indeed 1.085).

#2: The beerstore label on the back says 7.7%abv and the actual label says 8%.

#3: The label says 102IBU. I drank the whle bottle and I reckon you're pushing to get 50. It tastes like sickly sweet CaraPils. Get real fellas.

#4: There is no number four... it just seemed that 3three point wasn't enough.

Lagunitas: You have lost any credibility left in my books.
1.014 is astounding attenuation from 1.085. Fuck.
"#3: The label says 102IBU. I drank the whle bottle and I reckon you're pushing to get 50. It tastes like sickly sweet CaraPils. Get real fellas....Lagunitas: You have lost any credibility left in my books."

All of the beers I have had from this import have been rather 'travelled', not as bitter as I would expect and lost the majority, if not all, of their hop flavour and aroma. I seem to have bad luck with beer (or am just extremely fussy) but have been absolutely disappointed with my beers this time round especially with the amount of money I've spent.
Fussy bro. Like only a hop head homebrewer can be. You know the freshness, you've brewed it. Bottling, storage, handling, transport is nothing but detrimental to hoppy beers.
That's bad to hear. All mine have been excellent with the exception of Racer 5, which, was good, but a little too much of that "barley sugar malt" that often comes through on those crazy hopped beers when the hops have fallen away a bit. My first Pliny had it. Second one didn't. Had their Hop Rod Rye IPA last night - damn it was fine. I've been saving the Hop Stoopid - I'm worried now.
My box has included two "old but good" beers for me and a nice stout (though a little too close to a schwarzbier).

But my weekend drinking was outstanding...

Friday (with my dad):
Emerson's M'Lord (rigger)
Anderson Valley Oatmeal Stout (bottle)
Three Boys Oyster Stout (rigger)
Yeastie Boys PKB (bottle)
Young's Chocolate Stout (bottle)
A couple of nice malts to finish off a nice evening

Saturday:
Cherry Brew Torsion (bottle)
Eastie Boys Untitled Imperial Pale Red Ale (bottle)
Eastie Boys Untitled Dubbel Bruin (tap)
Dogfish Head 60min IPA (bottle)

Sunday:
Twisted Hop Golding (handpull)
Yeastie Boys His Majesty 2009 (couple of trial riggers)
Twisted Hop Oatmeal Stout (handpull)
Three Boys Oyster Stout (tap)
Just Above Drainpour Oatmeal Stout
Yeastie Boys PKB (bottle)
Bear Republic Racer 5 (bottle)
Interesting you say that, Racer 5 was the best of the lot for me so far.

Yeah Barry, indeed, there's nothing like being able to drink a fresh beer at only a few weeks old. The joy of homebrewing eh - the commercials never seem as fresh anymore.

Nothing against the breweries, suppliers and onsellers/whatever, I know it's extremely hard to get beers like this in the way you intend to the customer.

But to be honest I don't think the credit card will be out of my wallet so quick next time - especially when guys like Luke and Steve are putting out very similar beers and we're getting them much fresher, they just don't have that 'imported from the US' balla status.
I had some Armageddon on the weekend. It tasted a bit smoother than the night at Brew on Quay. Perhaps it was my palette - but the hops seemed to have calmed down a bit - I actually preferred it this way. Will be stocking up on more bottles from New World next time I'm over there - pity its $10 a bottle!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service