Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Anyone using this? is it any good to use as this also has Phosphoric Acid and Nonyl Phenol Ethoxylate in it.

Views: 205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use it - it works fine. The instructions say to rinse it off, but I just let it drain.
Thought as much a few chemicals in beer never killed anyone. Cant be any worse than Stella
If Any one wants a litre or two drop us a line i got loads.
I think Phosphoric is the main ingredient in Starsan, another no-rinse sanitiser.

Dunno about the Phenol thing, google it for toxicity levels or something maybe?
Yeah I have and it points to the same old thing Cancerours, Just like Burnt Toast, and I like my toast slightly roasted or caramilised. tried a pint of water after a no rinse Iodophor multi, Well tasty.
I haven't seen much in the way of taste difference from iodophor, except to say it is much easier on the lungs than metabisulphate!

I never rinse after iodophor, however let it drain for 15 - 30 mins.
Make sure you rinse out iodophor, ideally with boiling/boiled water because it will taint your beer.

In California we walked in to a Brewpub that stank of iodophor. All the beers tasted like iodophor and even the empty glassware stank like iodophor.
You can effectively make it into a no rinse solution, 10mls to 16 litres of water... I use this all the time for bottling and fermenters etc, I found that a strange taste I had in my beers when I was using sodium met disappeared when I switched to iodophor...

I havnt heard of anyone using Iodophor straight as a sanitiser? that would be hardcore!
Surely its possible that this brewpub were using it at the wrong concentration? I use no rinse iodophor and haven't noticed any taint.

Actually maybe I should withhold that statement until I've read the judging comments from the homebrew comp.
I wasn't going to comment further until after Sunday too, but...

I haven't noticed any taint using a 15ml per 10 litres solution. The comp feedback could say otherwise, but my beers have been much better since I switched from sodium met and plastic barrels to no-rinse iodophor and glass carboys.
hmm.. comments like Tastes like I just licked a person after they were prep'd for surgery would not be flash!

The concentration I use is more than Reviled at around .75ml per litre or 15ml per 20 litre (12ml per 16 litre).
I got my concenrate off of the guy who invented Iodophor, but know of guys who do 1ml per litre and can still sucessfully no rinse with this.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service