Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Another un-imaginative brew from New Plymouth.

Please excuse my sarcasm... 28 hours sleep per week aint cutting the mustard...

Recipe and info here

Cheers!

Views: 128

Replies to This Discussion

God I hate it when people give lackluster beers to thier mates just to get rid of it....;-)
It's actually quite good, had one last night. And if that's lackluster, I'll take another case please :o)
So this was the first one out the box, as it was the first one to turn up on the door-step.

Appearance.
Golden brown with an off white head. Not quite clear and bright but close.
Aroma.
Big smell of passion fruit/watermellon on opening which filled the kitchen. Nice! No off notes.
Taste.
Great fruit taste, not over-powering. Nice malt notes with a light bitterness lingering on the tongue. No off flavors either.
Mouthfeel.
Smooth start with a light prickle on the tongue. Just the right amount of oilly feel to go with the hops, Nothing offensive in there to spoil the experiance.

Really good beer this one and a nice one to start on. A pleasure to drink and definitely one I'd have a second of (which is good as I've got a couple of spares in the fridge :o)

Nice one Jo.
I've got a couple of spares in the fridge

I would say "you b'stard!" but you deserve it for all the logistics... I owe you a few too.
And after topping of Rev's rather fine entry, I shall adjourn to the beer fridge where I shall either have a spare "Dog" or another one of these fine fellows :o)

Feel free to call be a b'stard now ... I rather feel I'm acting like one :o)
I'll go out on a limb here and guess that you're not that happy with this beer... because you're a perfectionist. A little sweet, not qute bitter enough, the hop character comes across like tropical fruit juice, a shade of haze.

I loved it! Fuckin' perfect after a 30km blast around the bays on a warm spring evening. Thanks mate. You and Mike are the only brewers who consistently make me think I should brew more hoppy pale ales (and you always have me feeling embarrassed about what I've sent in return).
Cheers you fellas.

I'm glad you both liked it. It turned out pretty good considering it was a couple months old already (which isn't so bad when you consider guys like Tuatara put 12 months on their bottles).

The batch got split into 3 fermenters - two of which I fined for quick consumption... and they tasted great. This batch got stored uncarbed in the keg for 2 months without finings either. I didn't have enough room in the kegerator to put this third keg in at the time, and then I forgot all about it! It sat out of the fridge for a month or so before I managaed to fit it in somewhere (I had to juggle these kegs with the 5 that I brewed for my Sisters wedding) so the poor batch came out overlooked.

Stu - I think the bitterness faded a bit to be honest. The first two kegs of it was intense, but smooth. This one for whatever reason came off a bit flabby in the crispness department. I guesss it proves the point about careful stock management and handling when it comes to beer distribution.

Cheers!
Tuatara put 12 months on their bottles

Ha!!!!!! Its Nine months!! Thats Steam!! We arnt that flash

And hey we are talking kegs than bottled? Shit our kegs are drunk with in a month of brewing so (as hoppy beers should) would of not made the 2 month before bottle date so you cant compare!! hahaha
we just changed pkb to 12 months but i'm thinking it needs longer... hell that beer doesn't taste that good until it's at least 3 months, and it is just peaking at 6-9!!
maybe you need a 'best after' date Stu ?
First CS6 beer for me.

Nice tropical fruit aroma from the Simcoe and Amarillo, a slightly hazy golden colour. As you have noted there's not quite enough bitterness to balance the malt but still a very drinkable beer, one I could drink a lot of.

A really enjoyable pint and a great start to the case swap, the perfect way to end to last nights brew. I'm glad I got to try the first beer from the Liberty/8 Wired pilot brewery!
Loved this. Massive fruity hop smack on pouring, little bit hazy but that's no bad thing in my book. Caramel on the nose to back up the hops, which both carry through to the flavour - love it when the taste fulfils the promise of the nose.

I thought this was pretty well balanced, and definitely something I could drink HEAPS of. Cheers Jo.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service