Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was my favourite too. But the last time I tried Brewski it was a diacetyl bomb...
I was in Wanaka in February and had a Brewski at a little place on the lake. They had it on tap and it's one of the best beers I've had since I got here 15 months ago.
Now I really do need to try it.... 'twas awesome in its day. The kind of beer that'd make my top 10 NZ beers every year.
Hmm, so maybe not so promising, ill still try it tonight but if its awful ill be forced to follow up with a Ruination :o)
Yep, confirm it was awesome in february. We ordered two consecutive kegs for the RCC. First was amazing, second was a d-bomb as Dave said. So both are true. Oh for consistency!
Hi Greig - Sorry to hear you had a d-bomb Brewski keg. What was the date when you drank it? I did have a yeast problem which caused the diacetyl. Cheers Dave Gillies - Brewer of Wanaka Beerworks.
Hi Dave, I'll check with Allan Hawkes who has the order records. He'll have the date. From memory it was some time in March.
Hi Greig - March was when I had a problem. If you can confirm the date that would be appreciated. Cheers Dave
No problem Dave, I've emailed Allan who keeps great records, and will get back to you.
Right. Got the data. First (excellent) keg was tapped on Feb 5. Second (diacetyl ridden) keg was tapped April 16.
Cheers for the data Greig. Yes, those dates make sense to me. I started a new yeast culture in March which did not attenuate the beer properly during fermentation. Can you please let me know who purchased the D-Bomb keg as I would like to make it up to them.
Hi Dave,

No need to make anything up to us. It was purchased by the Ruakura Campus Club, via BeerNZ. Many of our less beer-nerdy members drank it all up not knowing any better, so we weren't out anything! :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service