Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Martin, there is a downstairs area they said we can use at O'Carrolls for tastings, plus the new operator is running Queens Ferry (which is only half way through a 9 year contract with DB, so no chance of a tap there) but they have a bigger space, and bar upstairs, currently used for functions and maybe able to use for tastings and beers dinners.

Looks like we have a door opening here for craft beer, which is exciting. Also they said they have a new menu on, but haven't tried anything yet.

I checked in with Gowalla, and the last comment was about how bad the food was (new menu) it said "who puts grated carrot on Nachos" guess the menu could only improve
Awesome - let's coordinate a plan of attack.
...O'Carrolls...

Is that the place next to the 'Belgian' Beer Cafe?
Yes.
Also I'm glad you put Belgian in quotes. I went there for lunch a couple of weeks back and it was dire, food and service shite.
Yeah, just another bar as far as I'm concerned.

Except maybe Belle-Vue (which I don't rate anyway) I don't think they have anything I can't get at the supermarket. And that one's usually full of yuppie scum anyway.
I had lunch there a couple of years ago when I was up seeing PJ Harvey with her piano (and Mick Harvey of Bad Seeds fame)... it felt like McDonalds for 30-somethings but at least I could have an Orval with my fries!

Next time you are in, ask discretely if they have anything interesting in the cellar. I've heard rumours... (though I'm not sure if it is that place or another 'Belgian' cafe in Auckland).
Please do.. as I know where some of their more interesting Belgian Beer comes from.
"who puts grated carrot on Nachos"

lol, dude, grated carrot on anything mexican is the bizness!!!
Far out im gone for a week and miss so much, a new Epic even???? Man, WANT!!

Luke you are really pumping out the brews at the mo mate, definately ventured out alot from your initial 2 beer line up! Awesome stuff!!
Haven't seen a tweet on this Luke, do you know if they've got Epic on yet? It's closer to work than Brew, and after just looking at the Brew website I'm not sure I want to support them anymore. Selling bog-standard crap like Monteiths Summer Ale at $8.50 for a 330ml bottle is seriously taking the piss.
Thanks Stu. I haven't tasted the Coconut Porter post-fermentation yet. Best I get down to the Malthouse soon...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service