Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Does anyone know of a problem occouring with a brass tap being used in a stainless fermenter?

Cheers

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shouldnt be a problem mate, ive read that brass can go all gungy after a while but as long as you are particular with your cleaning you should get a bit of life out of it, id say being on a fermenter will be even better than being on a kettle cos its not going to be exposed to extreme heat...

Id say go for it, and start saving your pennys for a ss ball valve as an upgrade at a later date?
cool.. hopefully it is all good and yes, I will get a SS one at a later date.
Stainless is not necessarily more expensive. It depends where you get it from. I needed a 1/2" BSP cross for my fermenter and tried the local hydraulic hose company. They quoted me $52 for a brass one. I rang Ray at Anzor Fasteners in Wellington and bought a stainless one for under $12!. Anzor also have stainless ball valves which are probably cheaper than you can get a zinc plated brass one for from you local plumbing merchant. Shop around.
I have no connection with Anzor other than as a very satisfied customer.
I'm going to ring in here to, with no affliation, but Anzor are awesome. In fact I was quoted less for a stainless elbow, than I was for a brass one from another supplier.... nothing makes you feel like a valued customer when you hear the words "we'll give you a good price", and you get it!
Brass is always cheaper than stainless, you guys are just getting ripped off on your brass ;-)

But yeah, Anzor are a good crowd. As are Brassfit in AK for brass stuff.
It's funny how when you ask for a cash price you get $36+GST, then you say screw that and what's the price on "x" account and it's $19+GST. 50% off when using a trade account, now that's what it's about nowadays.
A brass fitting will also help reduce any hydrogen sulphide aromas ahould they develop in your ferment...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service