Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi, I have only ever brewed kits and keen to take it to the next level. The techniques involved are still black majic to me though so am keen to hook up with any keen home brewers that are putting down any Extract or AG brews around me.

Ill provide help. I am (possibly) a little OC so great with sterilizing :-), I listen well, good company and like to learn. 

All I want is to get my head around how extract and AG brews work so I can go and try it myself. 

I enjoy Wheats and Pilsners but actually any beer is good so doesn't matter what your berwing as long as I can use the techniques myself for future reference.

I live in Ellerslie so geographically close would be great,

If your keen and need some hands to help, please call me : 09 481 0508

Thanks

Daron

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice profile pic mate, parasailing is it??

Im on the North Shore and do a very simplistic (IMO the most simplistic) way of AG brewing known as Brewing in a Bag, or BIAB, it involves a big ass kettle, a burner, a mesh bag, and thats it, so no need to get a heap of equipment, and if you want to upgrade at a later time, you can use most of the BIAB gear.

Would be more than happy to have you round for a brew day to show you how easy it is, you wont really need to help out cos its pretty simple and only a one man job really, but its allways good to have someone to chat beer with while brewing :o)

Only thing is, im overseas for 4 weeks this sunday, so it would have to be mid april... Maybe a bunch of us could organise a bbq/get together at my place for a brew day to make it a bit more interesting??
I'm keen for a bbq and brew day at your place when you get back. And to hear some stories of craft brew mecca and South/Central America.

I'd better grab that cream ale yeast off you before you go too.
I'd better grab that cream ale yeast off you before you go too.

Will you be coming to the SOBA meet on saturday? If youre not, then why? lol
Good point! I will see you at the SOBA meet.
Might pay to send me a friendly reminder txt at about 1pm about the yeast :o)
You're welcome to come over for a brew day next time I'm brewing. I'm in Ellerslie too, so that should be convenient. I'm not sure when my next brew day is but it won't be more than a couple of weeks, I'll let you know closer to the time.
I won't be brewing for a few weeks until my stockpiles go down a bit and I clear some fermenters but you're welcome at mine also. I'm just in Mt Wellington.
Wow ! didn't expect so many replies....and so fast !

Thanks for all your offers. Reviled, yes thats me Paragliding. Took it when I was in the Indian Himalayas a few years back. Been into it for 15 years now.

Keen to see your BIAB system. Sounds cool, and hillarious ! Did I mention I'm good on a BBQ as well.....

Haish and Glen, when your close to brewing, give me a call or send me a message and we can hook up.

Thanks again.
Welcome to Realbeer too by the way, awesome website with a whole heap of great blokes willing to offer assistance with their vast amounts of knowledge!! Pretty much everything you need to know about brewing can be found on this website, or at least be linked to from this website :o)

Awesome stuff mate! I know a guy at work whos right into paragliding, reckons its awesome, im starting to agree with him I think!! Quite expensive to get into tho eh?

My BIAB system is pretty much the bare minimum for AG brewing, its not pretty, but it has produced winning beers before (one at least haha). And like I say, all the equipment will be used when I finally get my act together and go for a traditional set up...
It's not too expensive. Once you have the gear and if you look after it you get a few good years out of it. The expense is buying stuff for your girlfriend/wife when you go away for the weekend or arrive home late from an epic day out flying....

Small community of Paragliders. Whos the guy you work with? I may know him.
Hi Daron, I'm Tony brown hair, hazel eyes and like....oops wrong forum, sorry.

Seriously mate. How are you placed weekdays? I'll be doing a brew next week and I am more than happy to have another reason to have a beer while I am doing so. I work shift work so I often brew during the week. I live in Beach Haven, so it's not too far. Let me know?
Shit even I'd skip work for a day and travel to Auckland for that offer... oops yet again the wrong forum....

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service