Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

.....and that Emersons is being taken over by...(add whoever you feel like here)

Right - lets clear it up. All Three Boys are still brewed at Three Boys. Twisted Hop IPA & SP bottles were also brewed there.
Yeastie, Golden Ticket, MI Captain Cooker, Pink Elephant and Valley Brewing via Invers.

CB
Given the reaction I'll not name the source. I'll just consider the information corrected...
Drinking some well past best before date beers tonight. There all hazy, overcarbed and have a strong, dull caramel flavour. Interesting experience though.
Mikkeller Big Bad Worse Barely Wine... very very average. Sacchrine-like sweetness was the dominant character.
Mikkeller

The most over priced and over rated beers!! Wesel Shit Coffee Stout is good though!! Had the Jackie Brown last night and it was quite acrid and wey wey out of balance!!

Number 8 Brewery

No thats a Scandinavian that can brew!! Had a Hopwired last night!! It was awsome......... again!!
The Mikkeller "Fra Til" is really good. Spiced porter... sort of like JP 2009 meets Baltic Porter.
The Mikkeller's may be hit and miss in the balance department but at least they are not diacetyl bombs or harsh astringent IPAs with aromas of paint stripper... on that note I reckon Brewdog is even more over-rated... though they may have bitten off more than they can chew with their latest venture (or not).
Yip your onto a winner there Stu!!
I dunno, i have a lot of love for brewdog, in the UK beer environment they're doing a lot of good! I haven't tasted tnp or stb but tokyo is fucking awesome! Some of their fruit/spice/grain combos are really awesome...dogma is fantastic!
perhaps they've upped their game...
Started the night off with Speights Summit. OK...so I have taken the proverbial out of Speights in the past, but their Summit is not bad for the style in a mass produced beer. It was fine for a jug.

Now I am into my first bottle of the Belgian blonde that I brewed before breaking my ankle. Damn...Mike was right. That Unibroe yeast made a difference, and I am happy with this...even though it should bottle condition for a bit longer. I am very pleased. Who would have ever thought the Oat Malt would help make the flavor so interesting! Especially with the Unibroe characteristics.

The only shame is that I cannot have much more, as I would rather not get very pissed. :)
The only shame is that I cannot have much more, as I would rather not get very pissed. :)

This thought goes through my head quite alot, which is why I think there is a key to full flavoured low abv beers with no compromise on 'beer' characters...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service