Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Funny, a 9% IIPA matured in brett barrels sounds like a beer you'd brew Mike! Shame you don't like Orval though.
haha!! Yeah Havnt done a IIPA with brett, I will leave it to Steve. However I might to a 100% Brett Clausinii IPA???? Imagine the Tropical Fruit nose on that bad boy!!
The character I was refering to was mostly the fresh Amarillo dry hop aroma (500g/hl), combined with a subtle( but apparent) Brett presence. Perhaps you should actually try a beer before making comment on it.
The character I was refering to was mostly the fresh dry hop aroma from the 1.5 kg of hops added just before bottling, the Brett character is quite subdued ( but clearly present). I am not making any claims on the character of this beer untill it is conditioned in 4 or so months, I suggest you do the same.
I think everyone should not just refer to any beer that has included bret into the making of a beer as Orval I for one do not like Orval but I do like more brett beers than the one that is cool to drink! as it a Brett Beer!!. Brettanomyces is not one dimensional it is a yeast many strains, just like any yeast you treat it at different temps different pitch rate different anything and it will preform different!! This beer has probably got more bugs in it you would know its just you you Idealise this flavour to be brett . Brett just like any yeast that we know is just like any strain just like an English strain to a Belgain strain to a US strain to a Lion Nathan Strain.

It will be nothing like Orval, Orval is Orval, Le Stuntman is Le Stuntman!! will be one be better than the other? Who the fuck cares!
Better put than I did....I look forward to trying the Le Stuntman it sounds interesting, and any chance of getting a bottle of the Brett. C IPA when you make it Mike?
As soon as I get the Clausinii I will make it I know a dude who has some so I might scab some off him. And yeah I can send you a bottle if you like.
Whoops dubble post, Can't drive the forum from my stupid phone. Anyway La Stuntman is limited to 300 x 750ml bottles and is only available from the brewery or maybe the Malthouse if Colin hooks me up with some of that penguin shit.
Back from a child-free weekend in ChCh (ah the joys of having grandparents visiting):

Twisted Hop Sauvin Pils, Goldings, Challenger, Old Blighty, Twisted Ankle
Three Boys Golden (awesome!!!!), IPA
Dux Norwester
Yeastie Boys Nerdherder
Epic Armageddon

Got to visit the Hop & Pomeroys for the first time and didn't do much other than escape the antarctic gales by sitting in pubs. Wonderful!

Back to work for 4 days now, then a roadtrip down to Nelson via Welly.
come and say hello when you get here then
We will definitely be coming to see you matey.
See you at Hashigo mate

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service