Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It took me through the K-hole jt.

Seriously malty but not over the top. Worked well in that recipe.
From mild ale to date rape drug in one swift pint.
Arent you sposed to be on holiday allready Martin? ;o)
Very very soon........I can almost taste the Twisted Hop Sauvin Pils.....
Mate, sounds awesome, have one for me :o)
I also tried the mild JT but forgot to comment on it, it was very malty, BIG malt aroma on the nose for me and I got quite a nutty chewy malt flavour which I really enjoyed! My only gripe was that it wasnt served to me through the handpump ;o) lol
Minimus?? WTF is that? Glad im heading out to Hallertau tomorrow :)
Minimus is good. Light, hoppy and very bitter. Hints of marmalade and some stone fruit (maybe apricots and nectarine?)
Wasn't so keen on the Statesman, the flavour didn't really do anything for me.
After work tonight I got amongst some more Rogue Yellow Snow IPA - on tap of course. It's tasting good and fresh with a great aroma. A bitter grapefruity hop bomb!
Following this I had an 8Wired Hopwired IPA in the bottle - Still tasing amazing, and still easily my favourite NZ beer of 2009 (if not favourite beer of 2009 overall, still thinking about my list).
Popped up to Malthouse after this to check out the new offerings, saw the (silly) $75 bottle of Crown Lager. Who pays that much for a lager? And found out that Brew Dog TNP will probably be around $130 a bottle, which I'm happy to pitch in for at the WBC!
I tried the Hallertau Minimus which had a great fruity hop aroma reminiscent of Maximus. The flavour reminded me of my Ruination clone brew: hop fruitiness coming through but bitterness is the main show. A bit rough around the edges. Which I like!
Following I thought I'd better have another go at Hallertau Statesman, seeing as I was indifferent to it last time I tasted it. Again, meh. An okay hoppy pale ale, but nothing stands out in the flavour.
hey what does NTA stand for, just had a pint at the Free house in Nelson. Really good
just poured 3 m3 of concrete for a shed in the howling wind and rain. time for a beer.. WBC dry stout
Just got back from a day of helping friends shift house and was offered a speights... ah no thanks I'm driving.... On the way home stopped in at Freshchoice Parklands.... for a bottle of HopWired, ReWired, TH Sauvin Pilsner and THIPA!!!!!!!! Fire is cranking, takeaways coming for dinner and a video to share with the family... f**king awesome.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service