Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94604

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry only just noticed your reply Barry. The porter was an all mash.
The other two were IPA's and yes it is much more fun full mashing than BIAB...what is it they say about the journey being half the fun.
I've been getting my recipes from a couple of books called The Radical Brewer and Brewing Classic Styles.
Havn't been game enough to design my own yet.
sweet, you can't go wrong with Brewing Classic Styles. Jamil and John know a thing or two.
and yes it is much more fun full mashing than BIAB...

WTF?? That doesnt make sense, BIAB is full mashing!?!?!
WTF?? That doesnt make sense, BIAB is full mashing!?!?!

Psshhhh. You "ghetto" brewers think you are full mashers.... that's so cute :)
Thems fighting words James ;oP lol
Just about to sparge my clone of Martin's Donkey Oatie, Using Maris Otter instead of Golden Promise and 1968 as the yeast. The home toasted victory malt was a bit dodgy but too late! Its all in the mash tun now.
I'm sure it'll be fine - the Victory is only a small accent in the grist really.
I think so, I'm not stressed about it. I'm slowly learning to take the Papazian approach of don;t worry have a homebrew. Speaking of which..... Thanks for the recipe btw.
I cant help but think how much better it could be with Oat Malt!!
I'll wait and see if Liberty stock any...
How was it dodgy what went wrong?
Nothing too bad, just never got the oven hot enough (its a wood oven so temp control is not an exact science). It never browned up a little, so I doubt I did much to it. If I had some Amber or Brown I would have probably thrown some of that in. Its looking good though, its been too long since I made a stout.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service