Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No finings, just 2 weeks in the keg at 5*c, ive skipped out finings because the 2 weeks is a good time to give the beer to condition anyways, and it lets me know when its ready just by looking at it...

Grist was

69% Golden Promise
20% Maize
2.5% Munich
2.5% CaraPils
5% Cane sugar

I didnt dry hop in the end, just a bittering 15 min and FO addition
Yeastie Boys His Majesty 2009 (unlabelled bottle)
Eastie Boys PKB 2010 Trial (just kegged it tonight, Yeastie Boys were kind enough to let Eastie Boys use PKB)

I need to cut back for a while!
An imperial pale ale with an IBU of 100, only in San fran
Finally have a chance to drink my Styrian Ale,

Drinking it at about 13 deg and about 1.5vols; Its and uneducated shake and bake cask conditioned type of thing.

Nose is of Currents and Honey, Taste is of Diacetal black currents and honeyed malt, Hint of Landlord thining to a balnced palette man I could smash the keg to smitherings!!
Just had a 3 Monts. Poured a real golden lemony colour with a big blanc head. The colour matched the citrus on the nose, lemons again. Very smooth, couldn't pick that it was 8.5% but you certainly knew by the end of the glass. Quite a dry and semi bitter finish. Très bon!
Galbraiths Worthers Original Bohemian Pilsner - Diacetyl in levels ive never come across myself!!

Yuck!! Shame on you Galbraiths for serving this to regular punters at $8 a pint?!?!? IMO it was worthy only for the sink! And dont get me wrong, I regularly go to Galbraiths and enjoy their Bo Pils, and when its good its good, but this was so far from it its not funny!!! They shouldnt be serving it??

Went their for dinner for my bros 17th bday, pub food was awesome tho and their other beers were pretty good... But still...
I hope you've let Ian know?
Sorry but is that the real name of it as I can see the funny side?

Worthers Original = butterscotch toffee candy?
Diacetyl = impart a buttery flavor?

Someone forgot the diacetyl rest! :)
I havnt let Ian know cos I dont really know him... Someone should tho, it was really bad!

James - Its not the real name ;oP Its their Bohemian Pilsner which is usually a cracker, but this was so up the wazoo with diacetyl it was like sucking on a worthers original! Smelt like them too! Even my family who arent normally tell me 'smells like beer' were amazed when they too could smell the butterscotch
I'm happy to drop Ian a note, I know him pretty well.

Cheers,

Martin
It sometimes is annoying when you learn the taste of flaws / features etc in beer. Having had a couple of drinks and talking with Joking, I believe I can now detect chalk in some beers that I previously was oblivous to.... or I think I can.... :)
Bloody Jo and his chalk fetish!! hahaha

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service