Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah actualy it was my first one, out of a can also wierd for me but also so good I loved it but it was the first US beer for 4 months so anything of that standard was going to get a bigger rap that it should of. I must admit though there are a few IPA's over here at the moment that are as good as these if not better as they are fresher!!
I was living over there for a while a few years ago and that beer was soo good fresh.
I bet!! everything tastes better fresh!! Whats the Coconut porter like?
So Dave... you may have said elsewhere but I didn't see it... what was the medal? NHC? WBC? Olympics?
Still waiting for your Yeastie IPA review Mike... you don't have to be "nice", I'll still show you the Yeastie love. I invited you because you're the big beer king. Joking's the big beer prince. That was only 6.4% but I thought it'd roll pretty well with the big boys.
Mate you roll the biggist punch's!! Anyway His Majesty on it own IPA scale turned out fine, nice malt balaced and thinned by alc with an assertive bitterness. I loved the clean oily mouth it gave me!! It actualy, and I have been thinking about it this week alot how much your middle additions added to the beer. it something I have to learn!! On the whole I liked it for it!! it aint no large over the top? USIPA nor a bland UKIPA its an (your) interpretaion of what you like in a IPA nad honestly it quite refreshing!! I for one would love to see it with chico but I reacon you would lose that cleanliness that it has and would only be off set by the extra aroma I reacon you would get off the hops which is neither here nor there. Cheers for the tasting if you can offer any thing like this again I will be there with bells on!!

Also you never comented on tiny little stout I made!!
Chimay Grand Reserve (Blue), 750 ml bottle...I think my mouth just had an orgasm.
Chimay is indeed mouth orgasm material. I am thinkng of trying to get a starter going from some chimay yeast, in order to try a trapist ale.
Dogfish 90min IPA - by far the best of the American IPA's I've had this week. I'm like a baby needing something a little more... mouth sucking bitterness... a little past its best but the 9%abv, along with the huge malt and bitterness, keep it real.
Was at a flat warming last night, took a few bottles of ,my Unspeakable Mk IV, its conditioned out nicely, allthough im still waiting for the malt flavours to fully come thru, theres something still hiding there... Im happy with the dry hop addition I added, it was 20g Amarillo with 5g Nelson Sauvin and they mix quite well to give an interesting aroma!!

Then when that ran out had a few 'Urbock's which is a Bock from Namibia and it was actually pretty good when it warmed up!! A little bit of a burnt caramel taste probably from cheap malt which was annoying, but they did pretty well IMO! The 6 pack was only $17 and they were a full 7%!!
Twisted Hop RNA - on gravity at Galbraiths. Way better than the other TH beers they've had there. Excellent balance, erring on the hoppy side. Nice drop.

Maximus Humulus Lupulus - out at Hallertau for some birthday drinks (cheers Phil!) and this beast is still drinking wonderfully well. We made it our mission to drain the keg but when I left it was still going strong. Feeling slightly fragile today - it snuck up on me in the way that only 6 pints of a 6.8% hop monster can.
What does RNA stand for?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service