0.25 kg Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L
10.00 gm Columbus (Tomahawk) (60 min) 15.7 IBU
10.00 gm Amarillo Gold (60 min) 9.5 IBU
15.00 gm Amarillo Gold (10 min) Hops 5.2 IBU
15.00 gm Columbus (Tomahawk) (5 min) Hops 4.7 IBU
30.00 gm Columbus (Tomahawk) (0 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops -
30.00 gm Amarillo Gold (0 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops -
1.22 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 10.0 min) Misc

S05 (wished I had used 1056, but I think this came out okay nonetheless).

Views: 44

Replies to This Discussion

Had this one last night.

Big, fresh citrus hop aroma with a touch of sweetness too. Damn this beer is clear. Quite pale too.

I got lemon/lime flavours - hop flavour doesn't quite live up to the promise of the aroma - with some caramel flavour and some malty sweetness in the finish alongside an assertive but very more-ish bitterness.

More like a summer ale for me in body and flavour. A bit on the thin side and could do with more hop and malt through the middle. But really easy drinking and well brewed.

Cheers.
Floral and citrus - lemon and mandarin nose. Some gentle caramel and bread coming through in the aroma.

Clear, golden.

Peachy/apricot hop-ester-combo flavour, nice crisp, slightly resiny, bitter finish. Clean beer.

Improvements, maybe a dry hop, and a little Cl just to round out those malt flavours.

Good work, brew strong!
nice label, perfect golden color and very clear.
some citrus but the aroma is dominated by sweet malt and also an undefinable (by my nose) sweet-doughyness, could be yeast maybe.
Flavour is fresh with a dry palate but also some under lying sweet caramel.
Don't really know what I'd do different, maybe add some more late/dry hops.

Not bad, cheers!
Just enjoying this one tonight.

Pours golden with a white head that lingers, leaving some nice lacing on the glass.

On the nose, lots and lots of grapefruit, judicious use of American hops jim.
Nice wheatbix/biscuity combination from the malt but could perhaps do with a bit more malt weight. I've been brewing a few with Pils ahead of PA and they end up tasting like this - i've put it down to subbing pils for pale ale but it could just be me.

Slight bitterness to clean the whole thing up quite nicely.

Not sure its an APA but its a bloody good hoppy lager/pale ale. Its the kind of beer you want to drink on a sunny day so I'd brew it again in the middle of December.
Cheers Jimmy
Had this two weeks back while out in the studio weighing out some grain... brought my notes in but they got lost in a pile of bills (and I've been procrastinating).

Here's the notes, word for word:
Bubblegum and peach nose. Very pale. "PALE!"
S05? bubblegum unusual for that though.
Clean, very dry, herb and citrus hop flavour, an almost leathery bitterness.
Very drinkable.
Unusual, very nice.

Well brewed, thanks James.

Here's a patriotic song to go with the beer...

Thanks to all your comments Alasdair, DG, Soren, Ally McG and Stu.

The original receipe is back into the "to brew" section, with changes to base malt, hop additions, and mineral additions along with a change to the yeast selection (probably liquid 1056).

Reminds me I need to get into the other beers I have left to drink!! I have Torsion and Ahem in the fridge, so hopefully one tonight.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service