Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah...yeah...haha.

Bottle one dozen 500mL bottles.

I kinda regret brewing such a small batch cause it was such a pain in the arse, but it's kinda good cause I didn't know if I would like it or not.
Course youll like it, its beer :o) Ive only done 1 small batch and regretted it instantly cos it was so damn good, minimum 19 litres for me every batch now on :o)
Never done a batch as small as that 7 litre job, but I'm with you - even if it's not all that good, it still beats most of the stuff you can buy in the supermarket. Last batch for us was 45L, aiming for 60 next time!
Yeah, I ain't gonna piss around with small batches anymore, unless it's something huge like a barley wine and even then it will be steeping grains with extract, or something like a cider or mead.

I'd rather tip 19L than screw around so much to brew 7L.

It's hard enough knowing one system let alone two, and especially when the second one is so small.

I kinda have the urge to brew sometimes but don't have fermenter space so that was half the reason for doing some small batches. Also acquiring and storing 19L worth of barley wine in 330mL bottles would be a bit of a mission.
Store it in 500ml Like I do and drink it out of a pint glass no point pissing around with half measures!! even if the drink is 6 standard drinks!!
I've got some 10.9% barleywine in 500ml bottles that give me the fear every time I look at them. Couldn't be bothered bottling 330mls tho.

Its one pint per 2 hours tho.
My Beers of the night

Fullers IPA
Emersons JP 2009
3 Boys Oyster Stout
My Dubbel

Theres one thing I have confirmed tonight and that's im an American IPA man and not an English IPA man!! Wheres the Hops? And they say Styrians are pungent!!! meh try Columbus!!
Not sure you should judge English IPAs based on the Fullers - I found it pretty disappointing.
whats the Emersons JP like, haven;t tried it yet but I heard its a dubbel?
Its intresting!! I dont know if it was the anise or the yeast but man it was all bubble gum I thought that the anise rode the bubblegum out like a ant on a flea!!

Yeah the Fullers IPA is a little POO!! But in saying that though fullers is known for malt not hops!! and I reacon it got something to do with 1968?
I forgot to say I liked I mean I love the JP!!!!
On draught back in the UK the Fullers IPA is gorgeous. I suspect pasteurisation and a long journey have knocked the shit out of it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service