Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94600

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fantastic, I'll add some Columbus @ 0
Mate is that what you call it....kinky.
Just pitched this, fuuuuccck, it ended up with a OG of 1.063! Thats like 10 points higher than we were expecting. Actually, though we ended up with 21 L instead of 23, which would account for that. Damn. Maybe I should add a litre or two to dilute it...?
Nice work, I milled my grain much finer and got an extra 6 points.... and learned what a stuck sparge is like too! :)
I have a feeling we overlooked something during the calcs... i.e, the end volume. Heh, oh well, whats the worst that can happen aye. Mmm, now for it to ferment out so I can dry-hop...
Bigger headache for the Pope!
It's only a good idea to dilute it before you chill it otherwise you might get an infection. I'd leave it, and throw an extra 20% more hops in the dry hop. Not because it's gonna balance the flavours or anything like that. It's just because Columbus is so fucking good.
Brewing myself an Ameriacn Ordianry Bitter!!

81% M/O
9% Melaniodin
6% Carared
4% Crystal 90ebc

5 Ibu Amarillo @ 90
5 Ibu Amarillo @ 20

30g Riwaka and Amarillo at 10

30g Riwaka and Amarillo @ 1

Dryhop of 20g Each Amarillo and Riwaka

1.040 - 1.010 3.9% ABV
25Ibus

I hoping to get a Big Malt and Big Hop from a 3.9% Beer, I wounder if it will be ok?
I've been thinking of doing this for ages but have never got around to it.

What mash temp and yeast?
Dont even go there with the mash temp. Mashed in at 67 and it has dropped over the hour to 62.6 fuck it, its converted but im going to bring it back up to temp for 30mins dont know if it will help? Yeast is good old S05
Ah yeah, I'm having arseholes like that with mash temps at the moment, seems to be if it's at the right temp for about 15 - 20 mins it's all good, which I guess fits with most people saying majority of conversion is over in the first 15 mins.

I was thinking of using like 1968 if I was going to do one, thought that S05 might thin it out a little too much but then 1968 might hide the hops, who knows.

Will be interested to hear your results.
Yeah I planned to mash high and have 9% Shitty powered Malt and 10% Even Shittyer powered malt so im hoping that it dosnt thin out but who knows with the way the mash went!! Bastard thing!! Computer says 1.010 but I hope it finishes around 1.012!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service