Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hey guys,

I'll be in Auckland on Friday for a weekend beer jaunt around the city, can anyone recommend some good beer bars and/or stores I can locate some micros. I already have on my list Hallertau, Galbraith, Shakespeare & C&B is there anywhere else I must check out while I'm there?

Also the Yeastie Boys Pot Kettle Black and the Pink Elephant IS...are these still available anywhere around NZ?

Thanks heaps, oh and if anyone's after some Aussie micros let me know, I plan on bringing a few beers over if interested.

Cheers, Nate

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, the Beerfest is on Saturday (you knew that already?). PInk Elephant Mammoth is on tap at Galbraiths.
Pot Kettle Black is, as far as I know, out. Roger Pink's IS is still around, but not sure where you can get it in Auckland. Victoria Park New World would be a good guess I think.
Yep PKB is coming back this year but not just yet... I believe there are a couple of bottles left around the place but I've not got any myself (it was only bottled as samples).

Come over for BrewNZ in Wellington and we'll make sure you get your fill of good kiwi beer.

I think you have pretty much got the weekend covered. If you wish to stray a bit further you could try the Sawmill or head over to Waiheke Island but I would say you'd want to spend mostof your time at Hallertau and Galbraith's - the pick of the Auckland scene by far and away (and Stephen out at Hallertau just might have some Pink Elephant Rushin' Imperious Stowt if you are lucky).
Thanks for the feedback fellas! I somehow overlooked the Beerfest in my planning so just now got a ticket, looking forward to sampling the brews there:) I actually have over three weeks in NZ and will head south and I'm sure I will come across a lot of quality brews along the way.

I was just going thru my 'cellar' at home an I still have a few bottles of Murray's Wild Thing IS that I'll bring over so if there's any beer geeks interested let me know and perhaps we can organise something. Cheers.
We're having a SOBA gathering at the Beer Festival next Saturday and out-of-towners are very welcome. There's a thread in the SOBA forum with more details.

I've heard aa lot of good things about Murrays, including their appearance on The Brewing Network so I'd certainly be interested in a sniff of that stout! If you're in town on Friday night I could probably be persuaded into a Galbraiths visit, also.

Cheers,

Martin
Martin,
could be a few others around Galbraiths on Friday... Myself and Carl Vasta from Tuatara will be in town for the Beer Fest and were planning a couple of small ales on Friday...

Col
Be keen to meet up with everyone friday for some ales if everyones gona be there?
I've been meaning to get up to Galbraiths for a decent session for ages, so this Friday sounds like the perfect occasion!
So is the word half 6? Martin, im happy to drive if you want a lift..
I'll head up there once I've drunk the few decent bottles in our work fridge. I'll be in town on Friday so no need for a lift, thanks mate. Although if you do drive in (mad fool!) I'd be happy to grab a ride home afterwards :)
Small ales? I guess you'll be drinking "Mt G's Luncheon Ale" all night then. Hope the Porter is on form. It's a cracker and Keith is always telling me it is on (or close to) the breadline, so get in and enjoy it.
Nate

March 28th, Marchfest in Nelson, top of the South Island - www.marchfest.co.nz. There will be a few from the forum there, with sessions planned on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday in various locations. Could be worth planning your trip around?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service