Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20342

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cascade ales, versions 2 & 3
v3 brewed with the artesian water from petone as an experiment (got the water as a christmas present)
No noticable side effects ......
Last night in a bit of a tasting session:
- The last couple of bottles of my AG IPA and APA and a kit Witbier
- A couple of Epic pale ales which were as awesome as ever
- Harringtons 'Classy Red' APA - awesome. Really great hop character
- Harringtons 'Rogue Hop' - not quite as good as I was expecting, but still tasty
- HB independent breweries Pure all malt lager and Black Duck - both really quite disappointing. The lager didn't taste of anything at all, and the dark one was too sweet for my taste. Won't be buying either of those again.
On the agenda for the weekend...

Brewaucracy formfiller APA and extraordinary bitter
Renaissance Paradox and Discovery
Reviled’s IPA
Hallertau Porter Noir
Sick! My beers on the agenda :o) lol

Last night had some nice beers with Joking and Martin, a nice AIPA with Amarillo and US Cascade was bloody tasty! And then the SmASH Simcoe Blonde which went down really easily, along with a statesman and deception in the mix... Then I went home and had a few glasses of my Munich Dunkel which was actually tasting very similair to deception, which I was stoked about :o)
I remember working at BrewNZ a couple of years ago and then going home and my beer tasted like absolutel crap. There are two different mindsets though - 'judging' and 'drinking'. When you're behind the scenes at BrewNZ it is hard to steer clear of the 'judging' one.
Last night:
Yeastie Boys Golden Ale (Fantastic. Hoppy throughout, yet the malt still rolls about through it, dry finish. Delicious)
Emersons Pilsner
Twisted Hop IPA (actually bought the Renaissiance Pale Ale, James, but my flatmate didn't like the IPA so we swapped :p )
WTF!!!! didn't like it!??? crazy!
He thought it was too sweet and cloying. I knew you'd be horrified!
Willie has funny tastes sometimes. But I think it was somewhat a weak brew. It was lacking crispness and didn't have that wow factor which I got the first time I tried it
yeah, my tastes could of been funny after the Golden Ale and Emerson's Pilsner, great beer btw Stu amazing stone fruit/passionfruit hop character and smooth crisp malt character.
i think the IPA might have been a bit under fermented/high final gravity. the bitterness wasn't there to counteract the sweetness of the aroma hops that i have found in other IPAs. i look forward to trying it when they have it on tap again. it was closed when we went there on Saturday night :(.
We did drink a fair few stout's at The Bard on Avon which was great, awesome atmosphere at this olde english pub,
Cheers Herr. You Chch guys got the best of it. I tasted some off tap at Regionals this week and thought it was at its best. Maybe that's just because I know there's none left...

I've got a very good friend coming over from Sydney next week. I had no Golden Boy left so I purchased the last 6 off BeerStore. It was kind of embarrasing but it gave me an excuse to pick up some Three boys Wild Plum Ale while I was at it.
Last night, fab evening at Sumner beach after another warm ChCh day. Boys on boogy boards - local fish & chips (a bit greasy though) and a Croucher Hef. First one cleaned the sea salt from the mouth just nicely.

Only when we got back in the car did I see the liquor ban sign. I felt like such a rebel with my 2 empty Hef bottles...!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service