Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Surprised nobody has asked this yet - or have they asked and I missed it?

Last year I was delighted to see a dry yeast user pick up "Brewer of the Year", I've always been a proponent of getting all your sh!t together before you start playing around with yeast (the most difficult part of brewing good beer).

This year the "Brewer of the Year" (and a couple of other major prizes) were swept away by another dry yeast user who - SHOCK HORROR - also uses malt extract.

This goes some way to proving that the 'liquid yeast, all-grain mecca' is not always what it is cracked up to be.

To everyone out there who picked up best in class awards, or one of the major awards - what is the secret to your brewing success? What are you still working on? And where are you headed next (soon, and further down the track)?

Cheers
Stu

ps. Well done everyone.

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I know Prince sounds a little random, and you wouldn't pick it from his music/image, but dude, he can _play_ _the_ _guitar_.
Kirk Hammett used to be one of my all time heros, I've seen Metallica 5 times - all including and before the Black Album I'm happy to say. They suck terribly now and it makes me sad.
So you'd be a Phil Collins fan then Rev :)
Reviled, you want to see a good drummer - check out 7 World Collide at The Powerstation in January. Glenn Kotche will be there, he's hot.

Oh, yeh, and this guy Johnny Marr will be there with some guitars too. Apparently he can play.

and Galbraith's is across the road!
Nothing wrong with Phil Collins :oP Dont know about Genisis tho :o) haha

And yeah, I only saw Metallice once, and it was just after they brought out St Anger, but the good thing was they played all their old stuff, and Justice for all, black album, all the good stuff :o) And they threw a guitar solo into St Anger which almost (but didnt) saved it...

And yes, they do fully suck now :o( I shed a tear from time to time...
Stu, 7 worlds, thats Neil Fins band yeah? What sort of stuff do they play? Havnt really heard much of it... Galbraiths over the road is allways cool tho ;o)

But to be honest, if I was gonna front up for a concert in the next 6 months, it would most definately be Iron Maiden, but alas, Reviled will not be going :o(
Nels Cline - no neo-classical metal guitarist here.... if he were a beer he'd be a Flemish Brown.
I guess Yngwie would be a imperial Pilsner....
Gotta say the two people that made me turn to guitar were Brian May and my mate Greig who is a f*cking legend!
Here's a good clip of one of the best rhythm combinations of our generation
(up there with Sly and Robbie).
What's all this talk of Phil Collins, Sly and Robbie et al, this thread is at risk of becoming hijacked by muso's, why not try www.guitarforum.net Stay focussed!!
...is exactly the sort of thing Steve Vai would say if he felt people were giving undue attention to unrelated topics of conversation. Ahhh Steve Vai, great guitarist
How do we get Steve onto the forum?
lol he's a busy man, i suspect the musings of a bunch of kiwi home brewers don't interest him

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service