Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Surprised nobody has asked this yet - or have they asked and I missed it?

Last year I was delighted to see a dry yeast user pick up "Brewer of the Year", I've always been a proponent of getting all your sh!t together before you start playing around with yeast (the most difficult part of brewing good beer).

This year the "Brewer of the Year" (and a couple of other major prizes) were swept away by another dry yeast user who - SHOCK HORROR - also uses malt extract.

This goes some way to proving that the 'liquid yeast, all-grain mecca' is not always what it is cracked up to be.

To everyone out there who picked up best in class awards, or one of the major awards - what is the secret to your brewing success? What are you still working on? And where are you headed next (soon, and further down the track)?

Cheers
Stu

ps. Well done everyone.

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Muntons pale from great expectations or if i'm poor Coopers lager from New World
wow that's an obscure marty friedman reference! vinnie moore once said that making an album is liking brewing a good beer, not sure if he's a home brewer though
I'm just glad at least one person knows who the hell he is!
Da-da-dun da-da-dun da-da-dun da-da-dun da-da-nooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, HOLY WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cacophony were better anyways.
I'm more of a Zakk Wylde fan. Some would say obsessive.
If you look closely at my avatar you'll notice a model of a Zakk Wylde guitar taken at Rock2Wgtn.

When asked why he works out at the gym so much, Zakk once replied:
"You have to if you want to drink as much beer as I do"
i read him saying that in a guitar mag! he drinks a lot of heineken. great guitar player. i'm also a big fan of jake e lee and randy rhodes
jason becker was insane
Yngwie anyone?
Angry J. Mungbean!
Also can't go past Dimebag Darrell.....such a shame!
I met Darrell Abbot. _Fucking_ nice guy. I was pretty sad when I got that news.
Zakk Wylde is great.
Marty Friedman plays nicer arpegios than Yngwie in my opinion. And that's saying something.
2 completely underrated guitar heros, mainly because their bands sucked: George Lynch and Nuno Bettencourt.
Man, Nuno got game. Boy can PLAY.

And Prince! Really. Seriously good guitarist. Amazing even.
Prince????? :o( Maybe a bit before my time...

My pick of guitarists would be, Toni Iomi, Kirk Hammet, Zakk Wylde (rock2wgtn ruled!!!), Jimmy Page, Dimebag (I miss Pantera), Eddie Van halen

But the drums.... Now thats a real instrument :oP haha

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service