Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I'm looking to purchase some bulk grains fairly soon (say a 1 to 5 kg bag if there's such a thing). Is there anywhere here in Wellington that sells them? (apart from Great Expectations)

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are probably going to need to mail order from Brewer Co-op in Auckland or Dunedin Malthouse, both do sales per kg of grains. Dunedin Malthouse do a free delivery if you spend more than $70, not sure about Brewer Co-op.
Thanks.

Yeah, thought as much. That's cool.
I'm from Welly and I have been buying from Hauraki Home Brew, Dunedin Malthouse and some from Great Expectations. My next purchase will be from Brewers Coop.
Hey cool, thanks for the links. :)
we're not really up and running properly but....

www.libertybrewing.co.nz
It's only Monday, but I think you just made my week...
Amber malt and Medium crystal just arrived today. Consider them uncrossed.
Got some more maris otter, golden promise and AMD too (the AMD has been selling like unadvertised hot cakes).
What/who's AMD?

You should make all the analysis sheets available as PDF ;-) Would be good for those looking to add to BeerSmith, BeerTools, Promash.

Might make an order for some of that Pale Crystal soon. Any plans to stock the carafa special or whatever it's called, ya'know, the de-bittered, huskless one?

Are you guys going to stock the WL all the time, or just do periodic orders like the Wyeast is done? Any rough idea on prices? Cheers.
AMD is the Marton-based malting company that is used by Mac's (I'm not sure who else but a few of the smaller breweries do too, I think). It is a Pilsner malt. I've not used it yet but there have been a few repeast purchases, so it must be doing it's thing relatively well.

I've got all the PDF's but Brendon is overseas and I don't have the username/password for the website.

I'd like to have every malt available... we'll see.

As for White Labs... I'm not sure it is cost effective for a part-time business. If I push the boat out on this idea a little more, then I'll carry stock, but until then - go Wyeast, it is the best service you'll get and the yeast is as healthy as you could possibly get it here in NZ.
Awesome, thanks for the info, good luck with your business adventure, I'll be purchasing soon!
How would I go about purchasing a bag of, say, Crystal malt? Do you have a shop?
Actually, forget the above comment - I just looked at your site under Ordering, so now I know.

I'll also be purchasing soon! :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service