Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Seen something on Trademe that others maybe interested in...post it here

Views: 33095

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can do it easily enough you just need a few valves a pump and a collection/reciver for the cleaning solution. Again Cornys are easier for homebrew and more useable in the brewery
There is a way round it but its a pain in the rear. They just have one way in and one way out so you need to use pressure all the time. That would mean hooking up a compressor or using loads of CO2 to clean it as well as dispense. Basically you need to drain it, rinse it, wash it (with caustic), rinse again but you need to use pressure to get the liquids in and out (more so out, you could gravity fill). Iid stick with corny's for teh homebrewer. I'd spend the $500 on corny's, a bottle and reg etc.
Nah you dont need pressure all the time you clean them upside down and use the outlet as a inlet and the stalk that runs to the bottom becomes the cip washer then you use the inlet as a solution exit, then you use a pump to wash, easy peasy

Pretty sure there's a picture of Jo filling a sanke with homebrew hefe on here somewhere...

Like MIke said, doable but a pain in the arse.  I wouldn't put beer inside something that I couldn't see into unless I had some hell mean caustic washes and shit.

I'm after some scales to accurately measure out salt additions..Ive been using my regular scales that have a 1g increment up until now which is a bit of a gamble really. Has anybody got one of these off trade me or anything similar from trade me that they can vouch for ? They all seem really cheap and no-name type. I just want to make sure I'm not buying rubbish.
Cheers !
I think I bought my P scales off TradeMe. They're not exactly the same as the one you linked to, but they work fine.
www.dealextreme.com are also a good option. Free shipping, and the US dollar is mega low right now.
You shouldn't have put that link on here. I,m gonna spend all my money I had for homebrewing on electric shock chewing gum and other such frivolities now!
I got the same one, seems to work fine, gives a consistent reading when I put items back on the scales. I just hope it is the right reading is all :)

I got mine from labwarehouse.co.nz - they're still a no name brand and a little more expensive but do come with a battery (saving of like two bucks!) and a calibration weight.  I thought I'd be better off paying the few extra bucks for the ones from labwarehouse, their customer service would probably be better than most of the ones on TM.

All in all I've had no problem with them so far, they've outlasted my first set, which were cheap TM ones.

Thanks folks. I ended up getting a 0.01g one from trade me after seeing the same one on the deal extreme site with video reviews. Should do the trick

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service