Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Stainless steel fermentor on trademe....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=195936241

Views: 628

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, id maybe pay $200-$250 for that MAX..
I reacon the only way you could possibly do one is if you have a mate who is stainless or fabricator, get one of them too price you one up I bet it would be the same price. Also it come down to its there, its all you will ever need and it will last a life time.
It's not too bad at 350 I reckon.

The keg alone to buy is at least 60 bucks at a scrap yard, 3 piece SS ball valve would be about 50ish, the SS dip tubes would cost you probably 40 - 50 to get made, glass lid would have to be about 30, 1/4" NPT thread would be about 15, similar windshields on TM are selling for 35, give the guy 2 hours to build it at 60/h and that totals = 355.

Considering a 50L pot will set you back around the $200 mark, for a thin walled SS version, this with all the bits isn't a bad deal.

On a side note, my 3 kegs (without therm, SG or valve), 85L pot, 65L pot, 35L pot, 20L pot, 2 immersion chillers, a plate chiller, a sanke false bottom and maybe a few other bits and pieces will be up for sale soonish when I get my shit sorted out.
Why?? Gone with the chilly bin?
Been rocking the chilli bin for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages mate. Got a orange rubbermaid now, lovin' it!
i suppose it depends how you look at it, you can build it yourself a lot cheaper,it only needs basic diy skills.
mine cost
5 kegs 3 as keggle and 2 as fermenters, $45 each $235 all up
march pump- trade me- $100
camlocks& tubing- about $180
copper, ball valves, manifold etc-still had change from $150
immersion chiller- roll soft copper, trade me- $60
elements-trade me- $25
glass lids-warehouse $10 each

the table was being binned so i rescued it, cables etc were an old extension lead.

i pretty much went straight from extract to all grain and built it so i have no gear that i've moved up from and is now unused so i spent roughly $800 for a complete setup, if i ever decide to sell it then i'm sure i wouldn't lose on it

of course it could be even cheaper, a pump isn't necessary, no pump then camlocks aren't required, thats why i thought $350 was getting up there;)
Where did you manage to get your kegs for $45>??
paid the deposit at the local liquor wholesaler
Hey Martin do you know the name of the guy selling copper tube on trade me for $60
the only one I can find is about $86 ?
brass123 or brassman123
It's "brass123". Keep an eye out, what he lists is his surplus for the month.
His email is in the topic here Make sure you leave some for the rest of us! ;-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service