Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Got my hands on a bottle of Epic Mayhem today from Parklands FreshChoice... if anyone is looking for a beer in CHCH, that place is pretty well stocked for locals and imports. (I was there for at least 30 minutes just looking, I think the person stocking the shelves was getting worried about me as he kept coming back and "maintaining" the shelves.....).

I gave Epic Mayhem a "F**k Me" rating out of the bottle, not sure where that fits on the BJCP.

The initial aroma from the bottle being opened was one of true child like fear of Santa. You know you will get a great gift from the jolly fat man (or little man in this case), however you are afraid of him none the less. Your initial fears are excised when the amber goldey liquid pours into the glass (but Luke, will my nostril hairs grow back from the hop aroma abuse?) . A small head forms and the 10 - 20 bubbles per second seem content to continue to bombard my nasal passages with hints of (what I think are) citrus and pine and honey. My burps are citrus and piney..

For those of you who know me, you know I am not a beer snob, I'll drink Heineken or Amstel, even Monteiths on a bad day, but I did enjoy this bottle of Mayhem or at least what was left over after my wife and mother had their tastes.

KTHXBYE.
Indeed James...Just took a drive along so thx for the heads up..Should have left the wife in the house though as she's spent the last 30 minutes saying " $11.00 for a bottle of beer !!!!!!! "...This of course after she picked up a bottle of wine for 8 bucks ! Looking forwards to my first Mayhem this arvo
It's good - very good
I've been drinking Yeastie Boys Kid Chocolate on the beer engine (leftovers from yesterdays Beer Fest) and I've really been "feelin it". Nice to have a quaffer under 4% when you have plenty of visitors through the house... a little too much hop but I think that'll settle nicely in the next couple of weeks...
Too much to write on one post.

I have blogged it for those who are intereted.
I had a pint of Kempicus' Old Ale last night.

I get the feeling he was angry about something when he brewed it - becaue my taste buds were the recipients of some serious abuse! MALT, fuck ya!!!!! Thats what it was yelling.

ROOOOAAAASSSST!!!!!! Drink some of this - you piece of crap... I had no choice but to listen.

BITTERNESS!!!!!!!!!!!! It's true... in some ideal land of brewing, there once was this thing called ballance... well... this Old Ale was far too cynical to listen to the German Brau Master. This beer said "I want to be different" - it yelled... "Fuck You saliva... you shall be awash with some truely Isomerised Hop Woodyness". It Screamed "HARDEN THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!"

And above all this, there was the fat buscitty rocky head that sat up there laughing at me the entire time. All the way to the last drop.

I loved this beer. Anyone who gets offered this should drink it without asking any questions.
I had one last night too, was too cold at first and very offensive (to my palate which is used to citrusy bitterness), in a Pink Elephant Russhin Imperial Stout sort of a way..

When it warmed up it was sooooo complex and rich, mega rich, like a dark chocolate cake kind of rich, so malty, such an awesome winter warmer!
Its GOOD stuff this old Ale im off to grab one of his RIS right now I cant wait to try it if that old ale is anything to go by it will be awsome!!
hahaha now that's some sweet mad props ;0)
Tis but a quaffer when compared to the Eviscerator though!
Drinking my Rye IPA last night, could have really used some Munich to beef it up, but other than that its drinking quite nice... The ryes contributed a really nice body and a slightly oily mouth feel, not as bitter as I would like but its still good.. Cant really pick up on the "spicyness" from the rye, def something different about this beer tho but I cant put my finger on it..
Hey Steph, how was the Waiheke beers at the Beer Festival?
Hey, Just mentioned in my reply to Dave that they were not at the Welly event. It was a bugger as I was looking forward to them the most. When we arrived Maurie convinced us into one of the grapefruit beers he was promoting. Bloody awful and we had to pay for it!! Oh well. The Croucher pils and pale ale were all good, and the Epic (of course).

Must getting on to hunting down some Waiheke. Have you tried them? Had one as a tasting once...was not in top form but felt like they had great potential. The bottles are also very cool and I am sure that must help them up their sales!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service