Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had a couple of nights in Wellington this week. Good to catch up with a few people.

Malthouse on Thursday:
Tuatara APA - stunningly drinkable, excellent beer
Renaissance Discovery APA - a little thinner, still a nice beer
Renaissance Elemental Porter - lovely, lovely stuff. Chocolatey, roastey, balanced.
Renaissance Craftsman Choc Oatmeal Stout - wow! Smells like Willy Wonka's house! Very, very rich. A one-glass beer, but would go awesomely with dessert. Maybe even with game (venison etc.).

Hahigo Zake on Friday:
8wired Red Dwarf - Cripes! There's some hops in that beer! Nice malt sweetness to back it up though.
Yeastie Boys Motueka Monster - Mmmmm, fruit salad! Yum.

All too brief a visit, but I'll be back in mid-July.
Where where you sitting? I was just around the back one the table by the couches.
I was loitering near the bar or by the door. Shame - would have been good to say Hi.
It would have. Hopefully next time.

Did you get a chance to chat to Brian about his stout?
Hydrometer sample of the late hopped baby brown.
I had this down as a hop fizzer when I sampled mid week but dry hopping has zested it up no end.
1.040 to 1.012 which is a little higher than normal for this grain bill and 23 late IBU
Sweet, lacking a little body from the fermenter but we'll see what a little condition does to it.
Doesn't sing hops like it's big brother, a bit more balanced and it is designed as an everyday drinker
It was gassed at 14C, garage temp, to 10 PSi so if the cascade ale runs out I have a drinker ready to go !

cheers chaps
Epic Stout. Epic. That is all.
A Epic session Barry ?
At $10 a bottle? I don't think so.
I had a bottle of Epic Stout, a bottle of PKB, and then with dinner a bottle of 8Wired Smoked Porter - perfect match with pan fried home-killed pork chops. Damn fine beers all 3.
back home after 17 days of fantastic beer in Oregona and California. a quick screening at the local new world reveals one new comer to the NZ beer scene: Pink elephant's Pink's Peculiar. I love it, big malty raisin aroma with a hint of sourness. The sourness becomes more dominating on the end palate but the mouthfeel is still big and malty. haven't had many old ales before and the ones I have had have not been sour like this, this is the best so far.
Welcome back Soren - hope you had a great trip.
Plz blog your travels if you find the time Soren, would love to hear all about your trip!!
Bought a 6-pack of the Montieths doppelbock/winter ale. not happy with it - tastes really boozy even though it is only 6% abv. Struggling to finish the first glass!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service