Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what did you hate so much about the Mata Feijoa? I love it but find that most heathens (oh, i mean "people") don't like it. ;-)
"but the surprise package of Hopwired just blew everything else away. Soren, you're a legend - best beer I've ever had!"

Goddamn Soren, has it made its way to Newmarket yet????? Im sooooooooo keen!!
Dood! What are doing travelling to the west coast of USA when the beer you want is just down the road in Welly! HopWired's almost as readily available as tap water. :P
I hate you wellington - how dare you turn into the beer capital AFTER I move away from you :o( Tis not fair...

And Matthew - Honeymoon to welly just doesnt have the same ring to it ;o) lol
There is good beer on the west coast of the USA too. :P
Rev, it's on the bus to liquorland newmarket as we speak, should be on the shelves by the end of the week.
I think I've peaked too early with this beer, gonna be hard to make anything else that'll live up to the expectations, maybe I should quit while I'm ahead...
No, don't quit. Just keep making it!
Awesome stuff mate, im drooling in anticipation!!
I like it, in the same way I like Monteiths Radler (GASP! Oh no he didn't!) - it just doesn't taste like a beer. It's refreshing, and fruity/sweet, but there's not really any "beer" elements under it. For me, if it's a beer you'd give to people who hate beer, it's probably not a great beer.

I couldn't hate it - it tastes nice. I just don't like it *as a beer*. For my money, the best feijoa beer ever was Mussel Inn's Lambagreeny. That forever cemented Andrew in my mind as one of the best brewers NZ has ever seen!

Controversy ends. Carry on. ;)
Last time I had it (Beerfest 09) it smelt like the two week old feijoas on the ground under the tree in my yard.

Would like to try it again but I'm weary.
Yeah I agree with Glen, tried it at the same year/place and thought similair things about it! Nicole didnt even like it so the whole "give it to beer haters" thing didnt exactly work with her?? She loves Steves fruit wines, and hates normal beer, apart from lagers... *sigh*
Sweet? We must have tried different beers because I've had it in bottles (quite a few times) and on tap... it was always pretty much bone dry.

The thing I loved about it was that it didn't shout Feijoa... it had this meatiness that I find hard to explain but was SO Feijoa... not meat in an animal way, the meatiness that you get from solid tropical and sub-tropical fruit. I get a bit from rockmelon too but this was distinctly feijoa (my favourite fruit).

It was the opposite of something like an Armageddon, Pot Kettle Black, Hopwired, Smokin' Bishop or a Bourbon Porter.

But, then again, I'm just a weirdo... the best local beer I've tried this year (by a considerable margin) is Deliverance Dortmunder. If that beer was a golfer it'd be sneaky long with an unbelievable short game.

Time to get myself some Mata Feijoa.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service