Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fingers crossed you wont be disappointed with my efforts James:) Oh well, Sauvin Pils and THIPA should make it good again!
To date Soren, you (or at least your beers *wink wink*) have not disappointed me, as HopWired keeps up the standard!

Pours light copper (golden) with good white head and decent carbonation. Strong aroma of limes, a bit of passionfruit and what I think is tart apricot or stone fruit. Floral even? Has a nice slickness to the mouth feel and it slides over the tongue until it hits the back, then a good face full of bitterness. The malt seemed subdued up front, but there is a bready after taste.

It was probably not the wisest decision for me to drink this first as the alcohol is rather warming whilst sitting in front of the fire....

Job well done Soren, can't wait for the ReWired (maybe after a snooze), Cheers!
James in front of the fire WTF. It's got to be mid 20s here in Nelson
The mercury (on my computer) is reading 12C but it's not that warm. Raining and generally crap.... but at least the beers good! :)
I hope that fire is powering the brew kettle!
Alas is only powering the brew drinker.... wait a minute that's a good thing eh?
Twisted Hop Old Blighty... ahhh, life is beautiful.

Last night at Hashigo: a few Tracktown 200m ales, some Nerdherders (B and D), Sprig and Fern Summer Ale, a win for the Phoenix... and who knows what at The Malthouse (oh dear!)

Tracktown was delicious. Best of the Rogue beers so far on tap.
Had a stout off today with our first real tasting of the WBC brew. It went head to head with Sierra Nevada Stout.

Without giving too much away SN's stout was the baby beer. Both reasonably similar in style, our's just tasted bigger (how's that for cockiness! ;-)
hopefully this soon... from @hallertau_beer on twitter.

Bottled La Stutman yesterday, 9% IIPA matured in brettanomyces riddled barrels then dry hopped. If you don't like Orval you will hate this!
Sounds nothing like Orval??!! Except the brett....and brett. can be a character that tends to overpower any other character in the beer. Fresh Orval in Belgium is not drunk for the brett. character but the wonderfully hoppy aromatics (think finest french perfume) and balanced maltiness. The brett. only takes over after 3+ months in the bottle. I way prefer it fresh!
imperial orval? he's not said it is like Orval, just you probably won't like it if you don't like orval.

as for fresh. I had a fresh bottle last month... brought back from the brewery by my cousin. Love it both ways. Probably prefer it aged but I'll wait until I've had a session on the fresh stuff to make my decision.
Damn why wasnt this for sale when I was there yesterday!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service